Can I Import a 2016 Calendar Into a Text Document with Holiday Notations?

• Thread starter Stephen Tashi
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, the conversation is about finding an online 2016 calendar that can be imported into a word processor as a text document. The document should include the date, day of the week, and annotations about holidays. There are suggestions for using a good spreadsheet program or applications like Evernote or Onenote, but the user is specifically looking for a dedicated software like RedNotebook. The holiday annotations are important as they have legal significance and also coincide with local celebrations.
Stephen Tashi
Science Advisor
I keep a daily journal and for next year's journal, I'd like to find an online 2016 calendar that could be imported into a word processor (LibreOffice) as a text document so that each day would have date, day of the week, and annotations about holidays. So the document would look like:

January 1, 2016 Friday New Year's Day
...text to be inserted by me ...
January 2, 2016 Saturday
...text to be inserted by me...
January 3, 2016 Sunday

Anyone know of such a calendar?

I want to import the calendar into a text document, not into a spreadsheet.

Physics news on Phys.org
Except for the holiday notations, you could create this in any good spreadsheet program, and export it as a text file, in about 2 minutes.

Holidays are location dependent. Depending on your location there are usually in the neighbourhood of 20 holidays per year. You could add those by hand in just a few minutes more.

You could try applications like Evernote or Onenote, which will give you much more flexibility than a word processor. Or you could try a dedicated software like:
http://rednotebook.sourceforge.net/

DEvens said:
Except for the holiday notations, you could create this in any good spreadsheet program, and export it as a text file, in about 2 minutes.
No, I couldn't do that. But I suppose a user of spreadsheets could. The holiday annotations are the only reason that I want to import a calendar. I can type the date,day information as I go along. I want to save myself the effort of looking up the definitions of the holidays.

In my location, the USA holidays have legal significance (e.g. banks being closed) but the Mexican holidays often coincide with local celebrations - e.g. the closing of downtown streets for festivals or parades. So it would be nice to have both annotated.

FAQ: Can I Import a 2016 Calendar Into a Text Document with Holiday Notations?

1. What is a 2016 calendar as a document?

A 2016 calendar as a document is a physical or digital representation of a calendar for the year 2016. It typically includes all 12 months, each with their respective days and dates, as well as major holidays and events.

2. How is a 2016 calendar as a document different from a regular calendar?

A 2016 calendar as a document is specific to the year 2016, whereas a regular calendar can be used for any year. It also typically includes additional information such as holidays and events specific to that year.

3. Where can I find a 2016 calendar as a document?

A 2016 calendar as a document can be found in various places, such as bookstores, office supply stores, and online. Many websites offer printable versions for free.

4. Can I customize a 2016 calendar as a document?

Yes, depending on the type of document, you may be able to customize it by adding personal events or notes. Some digital versions also allow you to change the layout and design.

5. Why would I need a 2016 calendar as a document?

A 2016 calendar as a document can be useful for planning and organizing events, appointments, and deadlines for that specific year. It can also serve as a memento or reference for past events that occurred in 2016.

Back