Can I Juggle 3 Jobs and Launch a Startup While Attending College?

• Other
  • Thread starter TheMacNerd
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Job
In summary: COMIn summary, the person has found employment at their community college as a Federal Work Study/student aid/consultant customer service representative. They will also be signing up for the US Marines Reserve in the fall and plan to start their own IT/computer software company using some of their earnings from the work study. They will be juggling multiple jobs while attending college but plan to eventually settle with two jobs. They are also networking with peers and teachers to find job opportunities. Their IT company will specialize in iOS/mobile device programming and they also hope to join the Marines.
TheMacNerd
As the title clearly explains; I have found some employment.
At the community college I'm attending; I got offered a Federal Work Study/student aid/consultant customer service represenative-type job position with one of the computer labs within my college.
The compensation/base pay (before taxes), is $9/hour.
-----
I'm also scheduled to sign up for the US Marines Reserve in the Fall (another source of income). I'm going to schedule my MEPs screening/ basic training for the Summer of 2017 (dedicated summer to military). The marines reserve I hear is the best way to go about joining the military these days. The reserves (of all branches), have the highest acceptance rates, according to the recruiters.
-----
I'm also going to use 5% of the money made from the work study I've been offered to launch a sole propretorship IT/computer software company.
I know at one point, for a very short period of time, I will be at one point be juggling 3 jobs, and being full-time at the college (extremely busy/stressful).
As the federal work study/student computer lab aide consultant job position only lasts for an academic year, I will settle with 2 jobs in the end. As long as I keep doing what I'm doing, It works out. Also; with my sole proprietorship startup business; a known perk is that I make my own hours, and be a self-taught business owner and manager.
I'm an Information Technology student at the community college I attend. Here is a link to that program:
http://www.monroecc.edu/academics/majors-programs/stem/information-technology-associate-degree/
When I hit the IT degree program (Liberal Arts STEM at the moment); As soon as I start developing apps & marketing them on app stores, then I will be legally able to put: "Sole Proprietor, Owner" on my Resume in the experience section. I'm scheduled to start my self-employment in very latest the Summer 2017 (about the same time as the USMC). There's no law saying I can't be self-employed.
I knew things would work out for me eventually. I'm also networking with my peers/students/colleagues and teachers at the college I'm at to find jobs.

Physics news on Phys.org
It will begin with Computer software/apps design. I'm intending to initially launch it as a sole proprietorship company (to start with). One of the perks to that is that I make my own hours. The USMC/Reserves job should be locked in, but it's more "up in the air" right now. I'm intending to make the sole company evolve into a larger corporation.

It will be mostly computer software/apps. I'm intending to specialize in iOS/mobile device programming at first. The Marines is more "up in the air" at the moment. Most likely, the Marines will also work out. So, actually I have 2 jobs locked in at the moment. The Marines is still "up in the air", but I should also be accepted to that as well.

Related to Can I Juggle 3 Jobs and Launch a Startup While Attending College?

1. Can I realistically manage juggling 3 jobs, launching a startup, and attending college all at once?

It is possible to manage all of these responsibilities, but it will require careful planning, time management, and a strong support system. It is important to prioritize your tasks and delegate when necessary. It may also be helpful to seek advice from others who have successfully balanced similar commitments.

2. Will juggling 3 jobs and launching a startup while attending college affect my academic performance?

It is likely that managing multiple jobs and a startup while attending college will have some impact on your academic performance. However, with efficient time management and prioritization, it is possible to maintain a good balance and achieve academic success. It may also be helpful to communicate with your professors and employers about your commitments and seek support when needed.

3. Is it worth the effort to juggle 3 jobs, launch a startup, and attend college all at once?

This is a personal decision that will depend on your individual goals and priorities. It may be worth the effort if you are passionate about your startup and believe that it has the potential for success. However, it is important to also consider the potential impact on your physical and mental well-being, and to make sure you are not spreading yourself too thin.

4. How can I effectively manage my time and responsibilities while juggling 3 jobs, launching a startup, and attending college?

Effective time management is key in balancing multiple commitments. Some strategies that may be helpful include creating a schedule or to-do list, prioritizing tasks, delegating when possible, and minimizing distractions. It may also be helpful to seek support from family, friends, or classmates to help with tasks or to offer encouragement.

5. Are there any potential risks or challenges in juggling 3 jobs, launching a startup, and attending college simultaneously?

Yes, there are potential risks and challenges that come with managing multiple commitments. These may include burnout, difficulty managing time and priorities, and potential strain on relationships and mental health. It is important to be aware of these risks and to have a plan in place to address them if they arise. Seeking support and maintaining a healthy work-life balance can also help mitigate these challenges.