Can I Set a Fixed Password for TeamViewer Remote Reboot?

• Thread starter trueo
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is able to connect to their uncle's computer using TeamViewer, but they are unable to reboot it or restart TeamViewer without resetting the connection password. They are wondering if there is a way to create a fixed password for all future connections, as the current password changes each time TeamViewer is run. The speaker also notes that there may be a security feature preventing this.
trueo
My uncle has a computer at home to which I can use TeamViewer to connect from my computer. I would like to reboot his computer and restart TeamViewer too but that will reset the connection password; he is not at home right now and I can't call or ask him for the password for next log-in. Is there any option or way in the Teamviewer software which I can use to turn on or create a fixed password for all future connections ?

At present I can connect to his computer and sure can change any settings but if I reboot it now, I can't make a connection to it again because the password is changed automatically each time the TV is run.

Thank you.

Computer science news on Phys.org
trueo said:
At present I can connect to his computer and sure can change any settings but if I reboot it now, I can't make a connection to it again because the password is changed automatically each time the TV is run.

Unless there is a setting in config, I'm guessing it's an important security feature.

Related to Can I Set a Fixed Password for TeamViewer Remote Reboot?

What is Teamviewer remote reboot?

Teamviewer remote reboot is a feature of the Teamviewer software that allows users to remotely restart or reboot a computer that is connected to the internet.

How does Teamviewer remote reboot work?

Teamviewer remote reboot works by establishing a remote connection between the user's computer and the computer that needs to be rebooted. The user can then send a command to reboot the remote computer, and the connection will be temporarily interrupted while the remote computer restarts.

Is Teamviewer remote reboot secure?

Yes, Teamviewer remote reboot is secure. The software uses industry-standard encryption to ensure that all remote connections are secure and protected from unauthorized access.

Can I use Teamviewer remote reboot on any device?

Yes, Teamviewer remote reboot can be used on any device as long as it has the Teamviewer software installed and is connected to the internet. The user can initiate a remote reboot from a computer, tablet, or smartphone.

What are the benefits of using Teamviewer remote reboot?

The main benefit of using Teamviewer remote reboot is convenience. It allows users to restart a computer remotely without having to physically be present. This can save time and effort, especially in situations where the remote computer is located in a different place or is difficult to access. It can also be useful for troubleshooting and fixing technical issues on a remote computer.

Back