Can I Teach Myself Physics as an Adult Without Formal Training?

In summary, it is possible for adults to teach themselves physics without formal training. With the abundance of online resources, textbooks, and study guides available, self-learning is a viable option for those interested in gaining a basic understanding of physics. However, it may be more challenging to achieve a comprehensive understanding without the guidance and support of a formal education. Continual practice and dedication are key to successfully teaching oneself physics as an adult.
Passers_by
How did you find PF?
I stumbled across this forum by searching for physics on the web.
I'm in my thirties. I'm not getting any younger.But I am interested in physics, although physics is difficult.I want to learn physics by myself, so I can expect a lot of setbacks.I have some introductory knowledge of physics, focusing mainly on mechanics.I have some understanding of the mathematical methods in physics, but only conceptually. I am not proficient in it.When I meet with difficulties, maybe the seniors can give me some guiding advice.

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you want to know about physics or do you wish to be able to do physics? This is the same question I would ask if you were interested in, say, the clarinet.

Likes Astronuc
Passers_by said:
我的最终目标是做物理。不管怎样,我得先学好物理。就算我不会物理,至少我希望我能学好物理。
You'll need to put your responses in English

Likes jim mcnamara
hutchphd said:
Do you want to know about physics or do you wish to be able to do physics? This is the same question I would ask if you were interested in, say, the clarinet.
My ultimate goal is to do physics.Anyway, I have to learn physics well first.Even if I don't know physics, at least I hope I can learn physics well.