Can LCL Filter Convert AC to DC for Half Bridge Section?

In summary, the conversation discusses the simulation of an active converter using an LCL filter and a half bridge section, and the confusion between an inverter and converter. The T filter is designed to prevent switching noise and the values for the L and C components seem to be tuned to pass energy at 23 Hz. The video link provided shows the AC analysis of the symmetrical T filter. The AC to DC converter is designed to take 415 V, 50 Hz, 3PH AC and switch it into a DC storage capacitor. The basic principle of converting AC to DC using Mosfet switches is discussed, as well as the controller's role in maintaining a high power factor and stable output voltage. The conversation also mentions learning the algorithm
@DaveE
I also have the National Special Function data book:
small special functions.jpg

Likes DaveE and berkeman
Engineering news on Phys.org
dlgoff said:
@DaveE
I also have the National Special Function data book:
View attachment 303620
Can you post a pic or a scan of the Table of Contents for that one Don? I know most of National's handbooks/databooks, but have not seen that one. Thanks :smile:

berkeman said:
Can you post a pic or a scan of the Table of Contents for that one Don? I know most of National's handbooks/databooks, but have not seen that one. Thanks :smile:
It was a little hard to get a good photo of all the Table of Contents pages but this will give you an idea maybe:
small IMG_3790.JPG

Last edited:
Likes berkeman
Beauty. Do you know if NS has posted a PDF of this online?

I don't know. I haven't looked. Here's another photo to give you an idea of the contents:
small IMG_3791.jpg

Due to it's age, the yellowing makes it really hard to photograph.

edit: maybe you can download this image and enhance with your tools.

Likes berkeman