Can Love Transcend Across Parallel Universes?

In summary: I'm not quite sure, but its weird and confusing!In summary, Parallel universes exist and it's possible that if you meet and are attracted to a woman or man in this world but don't or are unable to get together and fulfil a relationship with that person in this world for what ever reason that in some other parallel universe that the possibility of those two people getting together, falling in love and getting married etc is being played out.
Alphaville
Supposing that parallel universes do exist does that mean that if you meet and are attracted to a woman or man in this world but don't or are unable to get together and fulfil a relationship with that person in this world for what ever reason that in some other parallel universe that the possibility of those two people getting together, falling in love and getting married etc is being played out?

Is it possible that anything can travel from one universe to another, perhaps not physically but a feeling or dream?

What do you think?

Space news on Phys.org
What is the point of losing sleep thinking about this hypothetical situation? Get back on the road. It was just a flat tire, and keep going.

Cyclovenom said:
What is the point of losing sleep thinking about this hypothetical situation? Get back on the road. It was just a flat tire, and keep going.

Well I'm just wondering, that's all :smile:

An online Alternate Reality Game, 'Perplex City' explored these themes about a year ago.

Multiple universes theory of QM would seem to suggest that every QM outcome occurs so I guess it's possible, but it's really hard to go from QM to macroscopic things like people, and even harder to go to abstract emotions like love...

LOL! Only on PF would we see threads like these!

haha, you bring up an interesting notion (not unbeknownst to theorists before), but i'd have to side with Cyclovenom on this one...no point in dreaming about a universe that by definition, if it were to exist, we would never even hope to be able to observe on any level..go for what you can, and disregard the misses ;)

I'm pretty sure that Catherine Keener wouldn't give me the time of day in any universe.

No. I will not get together with Megan Fox in this universe, or any other fictional universe.

So in some parallel universe, I'm actually married to Marie Callender! That's so cool! I love her food!

Of course, in that parallel universe, I probably lost all my teeth in a skiing accident and have to live on a liquid diet.

BobG said:
So in some parallel universe, I'm actually married to Marie Callender! That's so cool! I love her food!

Of course, in that parallel universe, I probably lost all my teeth in a skiing accident and have to live on a liquid diet.

Your poor, parallel soul!

I've thought a mess about this and kinda woundered, "if I love it, I'll be in a parallel universe with it" but at the same time, what if I hate it? would that mean if I hate somthing I (know??) I'll be in a parallel universe with it? and then saying, "what if I'm in a parallel universe with somthing that I don't even know and then that parallel universe comes into THIS universe??"

Sorta like a premintion effect, eg) vivid dream that occurs in life

so in that thought, "am I constantly shifting universes with only the control I know how to achive??"

but along the parallel universes, couldn't the near split between love/hate beacuse they're thought about so much single thing be errily simmilar to electrons? as in "you know they're there but it's almost impossible to tell where they are" 0_o...

Its like in Northern Lights (the book series) - the girl and boy are separated by universes and they said they'll both sit on the same bench on the same night in their separate universes... awwww! sweet :)

There's a funny result that this question brings up: seeing as in the many-worlds interpretation all possible worlds happen, it's really really really weird that we happen to be living in a world where I'm not dating my grandma and my neighbour isn't fighting a team of trained monkeys that just invaded the United States of Asia. There are way more ways to be crazy than sane. Hm, come to think of it, there should even be a universe where people prove a theory that they can access different universes. And one where everybody farts every 5 seconds.

mr. vodka said:
And one where everybody farts every 5 seconds.

In another universe they call breathing through your nose farting and think it's gross. And wonder what a world where everyone farts would be like.

Of course you can guess where they obtain their oxygen

It's really strange if you think about the electrons further, as in, it's the electrons that keep you from many things really, actually, if I'm correct,
its the electrons that keep events from occurring like in the matrix.(NOT TO MENTION THE 1/0 THING THAT NEO SEES...) Like so, if you have no electrons, you would likely fall apart.. or if the electrons weren't so constant and although quantum, wouldn't the electromagnetism of every object you see and feel, (not to mention yourself) cause you to, in some way, be in some kind of perceived alternate universe...? (and or look entirely different?) For example, I know that I could forgo an assignment and be home right now, where I don't have internet and lower further my grade. But due to the electromagnetic forces (if I'm correct..) I (am what I look like, where I am at 3:14pm, on earth,) and my senses can activate normally to my thoughts.

But I also know this alternate universe where I am home probably watching icarly wanting something awesome to come onto the history channel, I'll do worse in my class.

And in the same way, the electrons in their electron clouds have an almost impossible similarity. Simply that, you can never predict where EXACTLY the electron is, but let's say if you COULD, you could stop it, and cause a desired reaction. But in also, if you could predict the location of an electron, you could also predict the location of possibly 2 electrons at the same "time". And if you used this process on a larger scale, you could predict where you'd be "if you went home or not, you'd still be asleep at 10:00 or so," Knowing that som1 who can force you do to so, will be sure of it. Being paranoid about the future would be an immediate side effect though...

and knowing all the events occurring in this situation, you'd know when and where to meet people but you could never meet yourself. (really, WHY??) But in this environment, where electrons are being predicted, controlled, people being able to literally walk through walls,
(simply be altering the perceived universe and causing a result..)

(also you could walk through people... and any electronic device
would fry...) 0_o...

you'd basically be a "ghost" in this respect...

0_o...

Even though this breaks our rules on overly speculative (nonsense posts), I've let this go to see if something meaningful would occur.

Nope, oh well.

Closed.

Evo said:
Even though this breaks our rules on overly speculative (nonsense posts), I've let this go to see if something meaningful would occur.

Nope, oh well.

Closed.

Something meaningful DID occur. But it was in a parallel universe. :frown:

Related to Can Love Transcend Across Parallel Universes?

1. What is the connection between love and parallel universes?

The connection between love and parallel universes is a complex and often debated topic. Some scientists believe that in parallel universes, our choices and actions may lead to different outcomes and therefore, we may experience different types of love in each universe. Others suggest that love is a universal concept that exists in all parallel universes, but may manifest differently due to varying circumstances.

2. Can love exist in parallel universes that are vastly different from our own?

It is possible for love to exist in parallel universes that are vastly different from our own. In fact, the concept of love may be more diverse and complex in these universes, as different beings or entities may have different understandings and experiences of love. However, the fundamental emotions and connections that we associate with love may still exist in these universes.

3. Is it possible to find love in a parallel universe?

While it is impossible to definitively answer this question, many scientists believe that it is possible to find love in a parallel universe. If parallel universes exist and are connected in some way, it is possible that individuals may cross paths and form meaningful connections, even if they are in different universes. However, this is purely speculative and has not been scientifically proven.

4. How does the concept of parallel universes affect our understanding of love?

The concept of parallel universes can greatly impact our understanding of love. It challenges us to think about how love may manifest in different circumstances and environments, and how our choices and actions may lead to different outcomes in different universes. It also raises questions about the nature of love and whether it is a universal concept or a subjective experience.

5. Can love transcend parallel universes?

This is a difficult question to answer definitively as the concept of parallel universes is still a topic of debate and research. Some scientists believe that love may exist beyond the physical boundaries of universes, while others argue that it is a product of our physical existence and therefore, cannot transcend parallel universes. Ultimately, it is a philosophical and theoretical question that has no concrete answer at this time.