Can macro quantum entanglement make teleportation possible? i had a

In summary, quantum entanglement has the potential to make teleportation possible, but it is currently hindered by the difficulties of maintaining entanglement and storing classical information. Theoretical methods, such as wormholes and quantum tunneling, may provide a way to transport macro objects like humans, but it remains a challenging and unexplored field of research.
ASD16
Can macro quantum entanglement make teleportation possible?? i had a

Can macro quantum entanglement make teleportation possible?? i had a kind of hypothesis...that if we entangle each and every particle of a human body with other particles which are at the destination then can't we make the person teleport at the destination by sending his body's quantum information there through entanglement??

Physics news on Phys.org
But doesn't that require making a complete copy of the particles here first? :confused:

ASD16 said:
Can macro quantum entanglement make teleportation possible?? i had a kind of hypothesis...that if we entangle each and every particle of a human body with other particles which are at the destination then can't we make the person teleport at the destination by sending his body's quantum information there through entanglement??

Wormholes in General Relativity may be the best way to teleport macroscopic objects. Once we understand quantum gravity. It won't require the energy of an entire solar system to build wormhole between say US and UK, but merely by reprogramming the differential manifold and adjustment of the Einstein Field Equation. Another is to quantum tunnel spacetime points itself. That way, (perhaps) the entire particles can be transported, not just transfer the quantum state but the particle itself.

quantum entanglement does make teleportation possible.
unfortunately, quantum entanglement of an entire person would be incredibly difficult, maybe impossible (due to decoherence). It's an interesting question though.

Entanglement enables the copying of the quantum states of a particle in spite of the "no cloning" rule. Some information must be transmitted classically however so there in no "get out of jail free" card from Relativity.

BruceW said:
quantum entanglement does make teleportation possible.
unfortunately, quantum entanglement of an entire person would be incredibly difficult, maybe impossible (due to decoherence). It's an interesting question though.

i am aware about decoherence...but if somehow we can overcome it...(i mean theoretically)...wont that make teleportation possible then through quantum entanglement...i think its an interesting field to do research...

There was some discussion of how it would in principle be possible to quantum teleport macro objects (though probably impossible in practice) on this thread, and I linked to a Scientific American article by a quantum physicist which has some illustrations of how it would work:
JesseM said:
See for example the Scientific American article by Anton Zeilinger (a physicist known for his work in quantum teleportation, among other subjects) which starts on p. 9 http://www.scribd.com/doc/47422884/Extreme-Physics-Scientific-American-February-2004 , the illustrations at the bottom of pp. 10-13 show conceptually how quantum teleportation would work for a macro object like a person (they note this is "impossible in practice but a good example to aid the imagination"), and the "Skeptic's Corner" sidebar on p. 15 where "the author answers common teleportation questions" seems to say that the problems with teleportation of macro objects are practical ones like preventing decoherence and storing the vast amount of classical information that would be needed, but doesn't suggest any fundamental theoretical problems with the idea

Last edited by a moderator:

pretty good article. I guess it might be possible in theory, but practically impossible at the moment.

Related to Can macro quantum entanglement make teleportation possible? i had a

1. Can macro quantum entanglement make teleportation possible?

The short answer is no. While quantum entanglement does allow for instantaneous communication between particles, it does not allow for the transfer of information or matter. Teleportation, as seen in science fiction, is not possible with current technology.

2. How does macro quantum entanglement work?

Quantum entanglement occurs when two particles become connected in such a way that the state of one particle is dependent on the state of the other, regardless of the distance between them. This connection allows for instantaneous communication between the particles, but it does not allow for the transfer of information or matter.

3. Can macro quantum entanglement be observed in everyday objects?

No, macro quantum entanglement has only been observed in particles at the subatomic level. It is not possible for larger objects to become entangled due to the complexity and fragility of maintaining the necessary quantum states.

4. What are the potential applications of macro quantum entanglement?

While teleportation is not possible using macro quantum entanglement, there are other potential applications for this phenomenon. For example, it could be used for secure communication and quantum computing.

5. Can macro quantum entanglement violate the laws of physics?

No, macro quantum entanglement is a part of the laws of quantum mechanics and does not violate any known laws of physics. It may seem counterintuitive or even impossible to understand, but it is a well-supported and studied phenomenon in the scientific world.