Can mechanic engineer technician become an machanic engineer

In summary, the individual is currently working as a water jet and plasma cutter operator and wants to go back to college to pursue a degree. They are considering enrolling in one of two programs - Mechanical Engineering Technician or Mechanical Technician - CAD/CAM - Fast Track. However, they ultimately want to become a Mechanical Engineer and are wondering if they can transfer credits from these technician courses to a Mechanical Engineering program. The answer is uncertain and depends on the transfer policies of the school and program. Taking the technician courses may also not be the most efficient path to a Mechanical Engineering degree.
Biggy
Right now, I'm working as a water jet and plasma cutter operator.

I want to go back to college to get a degree on the upcoming semester

I'm deciding to enroll one of these program 1.Mechanical Engineering Technician - Industrial

2.Mechanical Technician - CAD/CAM - Fast Track

follow by this link if you guys need more course detail

1.http://www.stclaircollege.ca/programs/postsec/mech_ind/

2.http://www.stclaircollege.ca/programs/postsec/mech_cadcam/

But, I want to become a Mechanic Engineer. So would it be possible if i take one of these mechanic engineer technician course then transfer my credit to Mechanic Engineer program

Physics news on Phys.org
It depends on the programs. Mechanical engineering technicians usually take a much less math-heavy version of the classes mechanical engineers take, so the MET courses may not transfer and may not build the right foundation for the upper-level ME courses.

Likes CalcNerd
Biggy said:
But, I want to become a Mechanic Engineer. So would it be possible if i take one of these mechanic engineer technician course then transfer my credit to Mechanic Engineer program

Very few of us can answer this with any kind of certainty. Transfer policy depends very much on the school and the program. You need to go to that school and inquire. Otherwise, you will get wild guesses on here, and I hate to think you would put any kind of attention to such things.Zz.

Likes billy_joule
Biggy said:
I can say with some certainty that it will take longer (and obviously cost more..) than going straight to a ME degree. After looking at the diploma requirements in your links, there's probably only one or two papers that may cross credit to a ME degree if you're lucky, though, I wouldn't be surprised if none were acceptable.

I had a classmate who had done a two year diploma (while working) then a ME degree, he was extremely well prepared for ME and excelled but no credits could be transferred so it still took 4 years.

Likes CalcNerd

Related to Can mechanic engineer technician become an machanic engineer

1. Can a mechanic engineer technician become a mechanical engineer?

Yes, it is possible for a mechanic engineer technician to become a mechanical engineer. However, it will require additional education and training to obtain the necessary knowledge and skills for the role.

2. What is the difference between a mechanic engineer technician and a mechanical engineer?

A mechanic engineer technician typically has a two-year degree and focuses on hands-on tasks, while a mechanical engineer has a four-year degree and focuses on design, analysis, and management.

3. What education is needed to become a mechanical engineer?

To become a mechanical engineer, you typically need a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or a related field. Some employers may also require a master's degree for certain positions.

4. Can a mechanic engineer technician work as a mechanical engineer without a degree?

In most cases, a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or a related field is required to work as a mechanical engineer. However, some employers may accept candidates with extensive experience and specialized training.

5. What skills are important for a mechanic engineer technician to become a mechanical engineer?

To become a mechanical engineer, strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills are essential. Additionally, knowledge of computer-aided design (CAD) software and project management skills are also important for the role.