Can Passion and Persistence Overcome a Fast-Paced Physics Course?

• Thread starter luvmygirls850
  • Start date
luvmygirls850
Hello. I joined a little less than a month ago and decided to do an intro before actually posting. I'm a little on the aged side (30), so needless to say it has taken me a while to to completely focus on my educational goals...hence the reason I'm still a junior at the College of Charleston (Biochem/Philosophy major), although I do have an Associate in Science. I'm passionate about the sciences, and I also enjoy writing. I've taken Physics 1 and 2 at the college level, and unfortunately it was at a college that shifted to a "fast forward" type of schedule. If you can imagine taking these courses and only being given less than 7 weeks to truly comprehend the material...well, let's just say it was a near impossible task, for me at least. I came out with a B and an A, and I'm still not sure how I accomplished that. After the courses (and the wonderful professor), I found I had a sincere interest in Physics, so I've been relearning/reviewing all the material we covered on my own time...which ultimately lead to the discovery of these forums. :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi and welcome to Physics Forums(PF)!
Its good that you found PF, hope we can help you with what you need.
Good luck :smile:

Hi All,
I just viewed some of the website videos and found them to be quite interesting. While working for a Midwestern scientific equipment company for many years and I have constantly had to explain basic physics concepts to many people in science who should know better. It was a great surprise to find scientific concepts presented at levels higher than the 9th grade. Great Job

Welcome to the forum! Great that you are so passionate and that are working hard to learn! :)