Can Physics Help Me Improve My Cycling Coaching Strategies?

• Thread starter cyclemark
  • Start date
In summary, incorporating the principles of physics can greatly enhance cycling coaching strategies. Understanding the mechanics of motion, force, and energy can help coaches develop more efficient and effective training plans, improve bike fit and technique, and optimize performance on the bike. By applying principles such as momentum, drag, and power output, coaches can better analyze and improve a cyclist's performance, leading to better results and overall success. Additionally, knowing the effects of factors such as wind resistance and gravity can aid coaches in making strategic decisions during races and training sessions. Overall, utilizing physics in cycling coaching can lead to improved performance and success for athletes.
cyclemark
How did you find PF?
Google Search
Hi everyone!
I am a cycling coach. I've built up a few simulation models to estimate a rider's speed given the riders power output, weight, grade, wind conditions etc. to help riders with pacing strategies during events. However, my knowledge of Physics is extremely limited and I've been hacking my way in a guess and test kind of way - but with decent results thus far. I have run into a few more complex calculations/estimations that I am at a loss to figure out and am looking for some help and didn't know who to ask... I figured a community of people that love physics is a good place to start. Thanks in advance for any help.

Likes berkeman and Wrichik Basu
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Likes cyclemark
Likes cyclemark
Likes berkeman
Back