Can Self-Paced Learning Be Effective in Understanding Physics?

• Thread starter J-I-M
  • Start date
In summary, "Exploring Physics: A Self-Paced Journey for Beginners" is a comprehensive guide designed to introduce individuals to the fascinating world of physics. This self-paced course covers various topics such as mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity, and magnetism, with interactive videos, quizzes, and simulations to enhance learning. It is perfect for beginners who want to develop a strong foundation in physics and understand the basic principles and laws that govern our physical world. With its user-friendly format and engaging content, this course is a great starting point for anyone interested in exploring the fundamental concepts of physics.
J-I-M
Hello, I joined this forum because I would like to learn more about physics. I recently withdrew from my Physics 1 course at school because I do not like the imposed deadlines or assignments and I would rather learn at my own pace, at my leisure. I am currently using The Physics Hypertextbook, Schaum's Outlines, Youtube, and the various tutoring resources available at the school I attend in order to get a better understanding of the introductory elements of physics. I'd like to pursue this as a hobby and possibly take more courses if and when the time is right. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi @J-I-M Having the interest is key - I came to physics late simply because I didn't choose to take it in early years. Don't underestimate how much more difficult it will be to self-tutor on such a huge and varying subject, but there's nothing wrong at all with choosing your own pace and learning style. Welcome.