Can Self-Study Improve Scientific Knowledge?

• Thread starter Stefk
  • Start date
In summary, self-study can be an effective way to improve one's scientific knowledge, as it allows individuals to learn at their own pace and focus on specific areas of interest. By utilizing various resources such as books, online courses, and hands-on experiments, individuals can gain a deeper understanding of scientific concepts and principles. Self-study also encourages critical thinking and problem-solving skills, which are essential in the field of science. However, it is important to note that self-study should be supplemented with guidance from experts and opportunities for hands-on learning to fully grasp complex scientific concepts.
Stefk
Hi,

My name is Stéphane. I live in Belgium. I got a degree in philosophy about 10 years ago and I currently work as a software developer. I'm curious by nature but my mathematical and scientific education is unfortunately quite poor. I've decided to remedy to this situation by self-studying the basics again rigorously. I hope I can get some guidance here from time to time :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF Stefk!