Can someone check my work on word problem

In summary, George Ferris created the 250-foot diameter Ferris Wheel in 1893, with a seat on the wheel represented by h(t) = 125sin (pi/25t - pi/2) + 125, where t is measured in seconds. An individual on the Ferris Wheel is exactly 125 feet above the ground during the first 50 seconds of the ride at times t = 25(k+1/2), where k is an integer. To find all possible values of t less than 50 seconds, solve for k and substitute into the equation.
urthatarget
In 1893, George Ferris engineered the Ferris Wheel. It was 250 feet in diameter. If the wheel makes 1 revolution every 50 seconds, then

h(t) = 125sin (pi/25t - pi/2) + 125

represents the height (h), in feet, of a seat on the wheel as a function of time (t), where t is measured in seconds. The ride begins when t = 0.

a.) During the first 50 seconds of the ride, at what time (t) is an individual on the Ferris Wheel exactly 125 feet above the ground?

attempt

125 = 125 sin pi(t/25 - 1/2) + 125, which is equivalent to

0 = sin pi(t/25 - 1/2)
pi(t/25 - 1/2) = k(pi), k an integer
t/25 - 1/2 = k
t/25 = k + 1/2
t = 25 ( k + 1/2 )

does this look right?
can anyone tell me where i should go from here?

Physics news on Phys.org
Find all possible values of t<50 s.

ehild

Related to Can someone check my work on word problem

1. How do I know if my word problem is solved correctly?

One way to check if your word problem is solved correctly is by plugging in your answer into the original equation and seeing if it makes the statement true. You can also ask a friend or teacher to review your work and provide feedback.

2. Can I trust someone else to check my work on a word problem?

It is always helpful to have someone else check your work on a word problem, as they may catch any mistakes or provide a different perspective. However, it is important to make sure the person checking your work is knowledgeable and trustworthy.

3. How can I improve my problem-solving skills for word problems?

One way to improve your problem-solving skills for word problems is by practicing regularly. You can also try breaking down the problem into smaller, more manageable parts and using different strategies to solve it. Seeking help from a teacher or tutor can also be beneficial.

4. What should I do if I am stuck on a word problem?

If you are stuck on a word problem, take a break and come back to it later with a fresh perspective. You can also try looking for similar problems and seeing how they were solved, or seeking help from a teacher or tutor.

5. Should I show my work when checking a word problem?

Yes, it is important to show your work when checking a word problem. This allows you to identify any mistakes and understand the steps you took to solve the problem. It also allows someone else to review your work and provide feedback if needed.