Can Someone See When Using a Cloaking Device?

• Thread starter Chitose
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Device
In summary, Chitose inquires about the possibility of creating a cloaking device that can make a person invisible. They wonder if the person using this device would be able to see their surroundings, considering cloaking involves bending light away. The conversation also mentions potential invisibility technology, such as metamaterial cloaking and other scientific developments.
Chitose
Hello, Chitose here

It's been a while since last time I post my question.

I know that cloaking device is still impossible with today tech, but I wonder
IF we can really create cloaking device and make someone invisible.
my question is ...

"Dose that person able to see a thing?"

Since cloaking is to bend the light away so that mean no light can get into he/she eyes as well.

Cloaking_device_simulation_%28active%29.jpg

or did I wrong in someway?

if true than, how that person able to see surrounding? infrared vision?

Engineering news on Phys.org

FAQ: Can Someone See When Using a Cloaking Device?

1. What is a cloaking device?

A cloaking device is a technology that allows an object to become invisible or undetectable by manipulating light waves. It is often depicted in science fiction as a way to hide spacecraft or other objects.

2. How does a cloaking device work?

A cloaking device works by bending light around an object, making it appear as if the object is not there. This can be achieved through various methods such as using metamaterials or creating a field that disrupts light waves.

3. Can a cloaking device make something completely invisible?

No, current technology does not allow for complete invisibility. Cloaking devices can make an object appear invisible from certain angles, but it would still be detectable from other angles. Additionally, cloaking devices can only work on specific wavelengths of light.

4. What are the potential uses for cloaking devices?

Cloaking devices have a wide range of potential uses, including military applications such as hiding aircraft or ships, and in scientific research for studying light and optics. They could also have applications in consumer products, such as creating invisible screens or displays.

5. Are cloaking devices a reality or just science fiction?

While the concept of cloaking devices has been explored in science fiction for decades, there have been significant advancements in the field of metamaterials that have made cloaking devices a reality. However, their practical applications are still limited and mostly in research and development stages.