Can Vaseline be used as a substitute for wienerschlicker?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    conspiracy
In summary, Wolram is talking about how the British language is difficult for Americans to understand and they need to create new words to communicate with each other. He also mentions how he is married and has been together for over 40 years.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Okay, since Wolram uses all sorts of expressions and words that we Yanks can't understand, like brittle pegs, which means sore legs, I think, we need to create some new words that we Yanks can use agin the Brits.

Here is my first suggestion:
Vaseline - wienerschlicker.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan, you really are pretty helpless, aren't you? Pegs means 'clothespins'. Did you miss the part about his laundry blowing away? :rolleyes:

Oh is that what he was saying?! Sorry, I speak English, I had no idea what he was talking about. I thought he was talking about being sick.

Of course you are all subjects of the Queen, so maybe this explains why you understand?

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
Okay, since Wolram uses all sorts of expressions and words that we Yanks can't understand, like brittle pegs, which means sore legs, I think, we need to create some new words that we Yanks can use agin the Brits.

Vaseline and wieners??
What ARE you talking about, exactly?

If Wollie can't denk the chimmy, then that's his camber.

Ivan, i think you need to get up the apple and and pears and have a kip, i think i will as well cause i feel real dirty dick, may be tomorrow i will be able to stomach some nosh, in the mean time i think i will get Brahms and list on what the quack gave me.

Ivan Seeking said:
I thought he was talking about being sick.

He's feeling a bit Pat and Mick.

http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/

Ivan Seeking said:

Someone has way too much time or something on his hands. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Two nations, forever divided by a common language.

lisab said:
Two nations, forever divided by a common language.

:smile: so true.

arildno said:
Vaseline and wieners??
What ARE you talking about, exactly?

I really expected you, of all people, to get that one instantly. :rolleyes:

Math Is Hard said:
:smile: so true.

I am sure you would like the brit interpretation of romulus and remus.

Pegs to some people in Britain as slang are teeth. As in 'I'm off to brush me pegs before bed'.

Danger said:
I really expected you, of all people, to get that one instantly. :rolleyes:

IvanSeeking is a married man, that is what perplexed me so much.

wolram said:
i think i will as well cause i feel real dirty dick

Do I even want to know what that means :confused:

Ivan Seeking said:

Aw, cheese and rice. :rolleyes:

Ivan Seeking said:

Hey and by the way Mr Ivan, American films are just so inconprehensible, one needs to slow the speech down and then get a phrase book to even get get an inkling of what the hay they are on about.

Oh come on you guys - weinerschlicker - that's an old one!

arildno said:
IvanSeeking is a married man, that is what perplexed me so much.

Obviously you've never been married! :smile:

Ivan Seeking said:
Obviously you've never been married! :smile:
No, and I really don't know how wieners and vaseline fit together in the typical American marriage setting.

arildno said:
No, and I really don't know how wieners and vaseline fit together in the typical American marriage setting.

They don't. The Vaseline is to make the weiner fit.

wolram said:
Ivan, i think you need to get up the apple and and pears and have a kip, i think i will as well cause i feel real dirty dick, may be tomorrow i will be able to stomach some nosh, in the mean time i think i will get Brahms and list on what the quack gave me.
I think part of the problem is that Brits apparently write one-sentence paragraphs and in my delirious state this morning I didn't have the focus needed to hold the entire thing in my head at once.

Danger said:
They don't. The Vaseline is to make the weiner fit.
In a marriage?
Even after 40 years together??

Dear me, poor woman..

arildno said:
Dear me, poor woman..
What poor woman? I'm not talking about Tsu. You don't really think that Ivan keeps all of those cats around for mouse-control, do you?

A vaselined sausage does not burn so quickly on the barbecue, and its easier to swallow.

Danger said:
What poor woman? I'm not talking about Tsu. You don't really think that Ivan keeps all of those cats around for mouse-control, do you?
Now i am totally confused please talk with your selfs, i am to my bed.

Kurdt said:
A vaselined sausage does not burn so quickly on the barbecue, and its easier to swallow.

I am so staying away from that one... :rolleyes:

Kurdt said:

Why would you vaselize a sausage prior to swallowing??

Not everyone has your gag-reflex control.

Well, mine would be lost facing overmuch vaselinization.

Members of PF

http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/rabbit"

http://www.phespirit.info/cockney/slang_to_english.htm"

I doubt I can make it sound fluent, that probably takes some time to learn the ins and outs of it. Let's see what we can do with some famous quotes.

"Gawdon Bennet! Any in'elligen' mug can make things bigger an' mawer complex... It takes a touch ov genius - an' a hoppin' pot ov bottle ter move in da opposite direcshun. OK?" - Albert Einstein

"Awright geeezzaa! All science is either physics awer "dennis bergkamp" collecting. Sorted mate."- Ernest Rutherford

I don't think Americans have anything quite as unique as this. Prove me wrong. :-p

Last edited by a moderator:
russ_watters said:
I think part of the problem is that Brits apparently write one-sentence paragraphs and in my delirious state this morning I didn't have the focus needed to hold the entire thing in my head at once.

At least he used commas...I think those are optional.

Though, I can see one thinking a brittle peg was a bad medical condition. Fortunately, they have pills you can take for that now...or you can just burn a witch.

I have a “solution” (not a liquid; a fix for a problem), if we translate UK English to Australian English then to US English.
I think that will work.

Moonbear said:
Though, I can see one thinking a brittle peg was a bad medical condition. Fortunately, they have pills you can take for that now...or you can just burn a witch.
All this time I thought a brittle peg was a good thing. It's the flaccid ones that get flogged in the evening news with prescription ads.

Ayuh, that fella from away was scopin' dump ducks gettin' at the pogies, and never noticed the swamp donkey comin' up the road in back of him. 'Bout slipped his mooring when he brightened up. Wicked funny, it was.

Yeah, that guy born out of state (even if he's resided in Maine for decades) was bird-watching gulls feeding on washed-up menhaden and didn't know that a moose was coming near him. He panicked when he realized his situation and his reaction was extremely amusing.

Last edited: