Can you explain this cross cut

In summary, the conversation discusses the confusion about cuts and views in technical drawings. It is clarified that for a horizontal cut, the upper view should be shown and the direction of arrows on the cut line determines the section view. The shape of the section view is not specified in the book and the request is made for a link with more information. A link is provided to a tutorial on drawing cross-sections.
annalian

Homework Statement

I don't understand the cuts or the views. For example if we make a horisontal cut, which view we should show?
http://1.1m.yt/UJasa7v.jpg

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I have in the book an example that if we make a vertical cut we show the upper view (view seen from upside down.

Physics news on Phys.org
The arrows on the cut line show the direction the section view is show from. We choose the arrow direction so the section view shows the information we need it to.

Likes CWatters
billy_joule said:
The arrows on the cut line show the direction the section view is show from. We choose the arrow direction so the section view shows the information we need it to.
So I have to draw a section, right? Could you tell me what its shape will be or how should I draw it? In my book there is no information about this. Or could you send me a link that gives more information?

Likes jedishrfu and berkeman

Related to Can you explain this cross cut

1. What is a cross cut?

A cross cut is a type of scientific diagram or illustration that shows a section of an object or organism as if it has been cut through and viewed from the side. This allows scientists to study the internal structure of the object or organism.

2. Why are cross cuts important in science?

Cross cuts are important because they provide a visual representation of the internal structures of objects or organisms. This can help scientists better understand their anatomy, function, and relationships with other objects or organisms.

3. How are cross cuts created?

Cross cuts are typically created by using a sharp tool, such as a scalpel or knife, to carefully cut through an object or organism. The resulting section is then viewed and recorded using various imaging techniques, such as microscopy or photography.

4. What types of information can be obtained from a cross cut?

A cross cut can provide information about the internal structures, composition, and organization of an object or organism. It can also reveal any abnormalities or differences between different parts of the object or organism.

5. Can cross cuts be used in all scientific fields?

Yes, cross cuts can be used in a variety of scientific fields, including biology, geology, engineering, and archaeology. They are especially useful in fields that study the internal structures of objects or organisms, such as anatomy, cell biology, and paleontology.