Can you help me interpret the patterns in these chaos numbers?

In summary, the conversation discusses a list of chaos numbers and the process of finding the average and sum of 10 results, as well as the average of 30 results. The conversation also explores the idea of using the last 9 numbers to predict the 10th number, and the concept of lag and its impact on averages. The speaker expresses uncertainty about the best way to extract information from the data and asks for feedback on their findings. The other person in the conversation is unsure about the question and suggests that more context is needed.
msticky
I have a list of chaos numbers
Average each 10 results as display below
Sum each 10 results as display below
Average the 30 results as displayed below

here’s my question:
I believe that I can see as the average goes up we have larger sums
So I think I can predict something from the last 9 numbers to tell me about the tenth?

Could I have some feedback about what you can see if anything.

8 3.3 33
5 2.5 25
2 6.1 61

3.96666666666667 3.96666666666667

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Where do your numbers come from?

I believe that I can see as the average goes up we have larger sums
The sum of 10 numbers is always 10 times the average of them.

So I think I can predict something from the last 9 numbers to tell me about the tenth?
Guessing that it will be close to the average of the first 9 is usually not completely wrong (but it can be). It depends on the origin of your random numbers.

Lets just say that you can make any amount of arguments about the source, I did call it chaos, but finding the answer to my question and then testing against the data will be the right answer.

As for the 10th number I know the answer.

I feel that the tenth number could be calculated from the examples above?

I feel that the tenth number could be calculated from the examples above?
Do you think this will be true for all sets of 10 numbers?
Does not look so chaotic if that's the case.

Each group of results like above are different in lag.

If you take the results above for 1 test and average the results value then you get the middle. If you average the result values into groups of halves, quarters or thirds you see that you will get different averages with each average for the same result values. Like the above sample the averages are all different.

What I feel you can find in this chaos set of numbers is a lag that clearly shows that there is a change in the averages but what is a elegant way of extracting this value. If we look at the above sample the lag in the result values show a rapid decrease in performance in the latter stage although this is not reflected in the overall average.

So where an expected result may be predicted on the overall average in reality the result would be delayed because the average over the last result values show the average has mostly double?

Imagine a line mark out every 3.96 of some distance, volume or other type.

Now mark out the actual result along that line:
We would start to mark out a rate of 3.3 for 10 results and then there is a slight decrease to 2.5

We would now see that the actual is above the average and in front for a period.

To keep the result within the overall average we must have a correction which is displayed in the last 10 results with a decrease in result

What mathematics can I use to extrapolate this behaviour?

If you take the results above for 1 test and average the results value then you get the middle. If you average the result values into groups of halves, quarters or thirds you see that you will get different averages with each average for the same result values. Like the above sample the averages are all different.
That is a property of random numbers. They are random, and not the same everywhere.

What I feel you can find in this chaos set of numbers is a lag that clearly shows that there is a change in the averages but what is a elegant way of extracting this value. If we look at the above sample the lag in the result values show a rapid decrease in performance in the latter stage although this is not reflected in the overall average.
?
Which "lag" (between what?), which performance (some interpretation of the numbers you did not explain?), some time-ordering of the values (?).

Sorry, I have no idea what you are asking here. I think there is at least a lot of context missing.

Thanks anyway

FAQ: Can you help me interpret the patterns in these chaos numbers?

What are Chaos Numbers?

Chaos Numbers are a type of mathematical concept that are used to describe systems that exhibit chaotic behavior. These numbers are associated with nonlinear systems and can be used to predict their behavior.

How are Chaos Numbers calculated?

Chaos Numbers are typically calculated using a mathematical formula called the Lyapunov exponent. This formula takes into account the sensitivity of a system to initial conditions, which is a key aspect of chaotic systems.

What is the significance of Chaos Numbers?

Chaos Numbers are important because they allow us to better understand and predict the behavior of complex systems. They have applications in fields such as physics, biology, economics, and weather forecasting.

Can Chaos Numbers be controlled or manipulated?

While Chaos Numbers can help us predict chaotic systems, they cannot be controlled or manipulated to change their behavior. Chaotic systems are inherently unpredictable and sensitive to initial conditions.

Are Chaos Numbers the same as random numbers?

No, Chaos Numbers and random numbers are not the same. While both may appear to be unpredictable, Chaos Numbers are the result of a deterministic process, whereas random numbers are truly random and have no underlying pattern or formula.