Can you identify these equations?

• I
  • Thread starter Luxor123
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses two equations that are possibly related to physics, one involving Planck's constant and the other involving gamma and time-reversal. The participants are not sure about the exact nature of the equations but are seeking clarification.
Luxor123
I have come across these equations elsewhere, but the context didn't give anything away about what they actually are. I assume they're both from a similar area, but that may not be necessarily true.

I guess they're physics equations because of the presence of Planck's constant and c (speed of light?)

XbqvTnL.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
That's Dirac equation of a charged particle in a vector potential ##A## and scalar potential ##eA_0(x)##. I hope there are other members correcting me in case I am wrong or add something.

Likes Luxor123
Thanks, is that just the top one, and is the bottom one involved as well? I had a look at Wikipedia and it seemed to involve gamma in some way, but it is well beyond my level of understanding.

Luxor123 said:
Thanks, is that just the top one, and is the bottom one involved as well? I had a look at Wikipedia and it seemed to involve gamma in some way, but it is well beyond my level of understanding.
About the top equation, I agree with blue_leaf77. The bottom one seems to be the definition of time-reversal operator to me where ## \hat K ## is the complex conjugation operator.

Related to Can you identify these equations?

1. What is the purpose of identifying equations?

Identifying equations is important in understanding and solving mathematical problems. It helps in determining the relationships between different variables and finding solutions to complex equations.

2. How do you identify equations?

Equations can be identified by looking for mathematical symbols such as equal signs, plus or minus signs, and variables. They also often involve numbers and mathematical operations.

3. Can equations be identified in non-mathematical contexts?

Yes, equations can also be identified in non-mathematical contexts such as in physics, chemistry, and other sciences. They can be used to describe relationships between different physical quantities.

4. What are the different types of equations?

There are several types of equations, including linear equations, quadratic equations, exponential equations, and logarithmic equations. Each type has its own unique characteristics and methods for solving.

5. How can identifying equations be useful in real life?

Identifying equations can be useful in many real-life scenarios, such as calculating distances, predicting outcomes in business and finance, and understanding patterns in data. It is also essential in fields such as engineering, physics, and economics.