Can you spot the loudness circuit on this car radio?

In summary, the tutorial explains how to bypass the built-in loudness circuit on a 2006 Subaru Legacy P-204UH radio, but the layout is different for the P-201UH model. The capacitor values listed may not match the labeling numbers on the board. The goal is to get a clean line level output for better sound quality. The PDF link for the schematic is not working, but an audio probe can be made to find the corresponding tap point on the stereo.
BeautifulLight
SubaruRadio.jpg

Heat up and remove capacitors (see blue) C307, C301, C201, and C207. Simply land your RCA wires to the pins highlighted in red. Purple pin is GND. This should give you a solid 2V line level out. Enjoy your un-eq'd radio:)The above is a tutorial on how to bypass the built-in loudness circuit and get a clean line level out on a 2006 Subaru Legacy P-204UH radio. Unfortunately, I have the P-201UH model. The member who wrote this hack is long gone, so I came here. I popped open my radio only to find that the layout is different. The capacitor values he listed are not on my board. Well, maybe they are, but the labeling numbers are different. Subaru didn't change much until 09' with the 5th generation. I'm hoping this is just another matter of finding a few capacitors and removing them.

Background: Regardless of how much time/money you have stuck into new speakers, external amplifiers, processors, etc... your stereo will only sound as good as the input signal. The loudness circuit needs to go! I want to send a clean line level to my amplifiers.EDIT: I can't open the PDF for some reason. Link to schematic:
http://elektrotanya.com/matsushita_subaru_legacy_cq-ef1461l_sm.pdf/download.html

Will update when I get at the PDF

Engineering news on Phys.org
Have you compared both schematics and found the corresponding tap point on your stereo?
Or you could make an audio probe for a few dollars and spend a few minutes to find the point that way.

Related to Can you spot the loudness circuit on this car radio?

1. What is the purpose of a loudness circuit on a car radio?

The loudness circuit on a car radio is designed to automatically adjust the volume and equalization settings to compensate for the natural decrease in perceived loudness at lower frequencies. This helps to maintain a consistent sound level and improve audio quality for the listener.

2. How can I identify the loudness circuit on my car radio?

The loudness circuit is typically located within the audio amplifier of a car radio. It can usually be identified by looking for a "loudness" button or setting on the radio's interface, or by referencing the owner's manual.

3. Does every car radio have a loudness circuit?

No, not all car radios have a loudness circuit. Some older or lower quality car radios may not have this feature. However, most modern car radios do include a loudness circuit as it has become a standard feature for improving audio quality.

4. Can the loudness circuit be turned off or adjusted?

Yes, the loudness circuit can usually be turned off or adjusted on most car radios. This can be done through the radio's interface or settings menu. Some radios may also have a physical button or knob specifically for controlling the loudness feature.

5. Will the loudness circuit improve the sound quality of my car radio?

The loudness circuit can help improve the sound quality of a car radio by compensating for the natural decrease in loudness at lower frequencies. However, the overall sound quality will also depend on the quality of the audio source, speakers, and other factors.