Can you take multiple courses at once?

• MHB
  • Thread starter ineedhelpnow
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Led
In summary, the LED will light up when any of the four inputs are HIGH in a NOR gate. This is because the NOR operation produces a LOW when any of the inputs are HIGH and a HIGH when all inputs are LOW. The system does not need to be stabilized as logic gates do not require stabilization. The statement "false OR false OR false OR false" means that all inputs are considered false and the statement "NOT (false OR false OR false OR false)" means that the output is true if any of the inputs are true.
ineedhelpnow
when is the LED on for the circuit shown? (Construct a truth table) btw that part that's cut off at the top says 5 V but i don't think the voltage or resistance matters in this problem. how many low and how many high inputs do i need to get that LED to light up?

View attachment 3279

Attachments

• DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    6.4 KB · Views: 68
Technology news on Phys.org
my drawing is a little off. it's supposed to be a NOR gate.

i found the answer to this question to be "The LED will be on when any of the four inputs are HIGH." nor operation produces a low when any of the inputs are high and high when both inputs are low. i would figure that you need a high for the LED to light up so therefor don't the inputs have to be low?

---------------------------------------------------

oh i understand now. its because in order for a system to maintain stability you need high and low voltage so you can't have 1111 or 0000 therefor it has to be when any of the inputs is one even if it means an output of 0.

Last edited:
ineedhelpnow said:
i found the answer to this question to be "The LED will be on when any of the four inputs are HIGH." nor operation produces a low when any of the inputs are high and high when both inputs are low. i would figure that you need a high for the LED to light up so therefor don't the inputs have to be low?

For the LED to light up, the voltage just above the LED must be high, and the voltage just below the LED must be low.
Otherwise, current wouldn't flow.
Therefore, the output of the NOR must be low.

Btw, the part of the sentence that says "(nor operation produces) a high when both inputs are low" should really read: "(nor operation produces) a high when all inputs are low".
oh i understand now. its because in order for a system to maintain stability you need high and low voltage so you can't have 1111 or 0000 therefor it has to be when any of the inputs is one even if it means an output of 0.

Nope. That's not it.

ok how about. a 0 is needed to stabilize the voltage of 5V...
but then why does 0000 not work? that produces a low also.

ineedhelpnow said:
ok how about. a 0 is needed to stabilize the voltage of 5V...
but then why does 0000 not work? that produces a low also.

Logic gates like the NOR have no need for stabilization.

Consider what 0000 means.
It means that all inputs count as "false".
What is:

NOT ( false OR false OR false OR false )

oh i figured the whole thing as a device need to be stable.
false OR false OR false OR false (this part really confused me :confused: )

ineedhelpnow said:
oh i figured the whole thing as a device need to be stable.

A logic gate like this one is considered stable by definition.
false OR false OR false OR false (this part really confused me :confused: )

This is about logic.

Suppose I want to know if you want to take a (any) course.
And suppose to do so, I ask you if you want to take

course A or course B or course C or course D

If you don't want to take any of them, the answer is no (aka false).
But if you want to take 1 or more of them, the answer is yes (aka true).

FAQ: Can you take multiple courses at once?

1. When does the LED turn on and off?

The LED turns on when an electric current is passed through it, and turns off when the current is stopped.

2. Can the LED be programmed to turn on and off at specific times?

Yes, LEDs can be controlled by a microcontroller or other electronic device to turn on and off at specific times through programming.

3. What determines the brightness of the LED?

The brightness of an LED is determined by the amount of electric current flowing through it. The more current, the brighter the LED will be.

4. How long does the LED last before it needs to be replaced?

The lifespan of an LED varies depending on the manufacturer and usage, but on average, LEDs can last anywhere from 25,000 to 50,000 hours.

5. Can the LED turn on without electricity?

No, LEDs require electricity to function and cannot turn on without an electric current passing through them.

Back