Can you tell me about myself and how I think?

• Thread starter bengaltiger14
  • Start date
In summary, the person thinks that people are nice unless they are attacking someone they care about, in which case they become defensive. They also think that if someone is not motivated to do their school work, it may be because they have not found a subject that interests them yet. They suggest setting realistic goals for yourself, such as attending a different school.
bengaltiger14
Can you tell me about myself and how I think??

People will ask me: Tell me about yourself! I can't tell you about myself. I do not know why I think the way that I do. Let me tell you how I think.

I got so p'd off when I heard about Michael Vick and him killing and abusing dogs. But, I could care less if I hear about a human being getting killed or tortured on TV. If someone criticizes my favorite football team, my church,or my immediate family I get very defensive. But if someone criticizes my truck, my girlfriend, my cousins, I could care less. I am at a Community College now. When I was in High school, I wanted to go Clemson University. I did not push myself so I settled for this. When my Gpa was a 2.4 two years into college, I could care less about school. The next two years, my GPA has risen to a 3.2 and I am striving working for acceptance into Engineering school at MIT. I think very big but find myself not wanting to work hard. I don't like babies but I love puppies. I do not like people but people like me. I don't like it when a stanger tries to start a conversation with me. My mindset goes: "You don't know me so don't try to talk to me."

Tell me what you think about me and how my mind works.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think thhat you allmost think the same way that I do.
"I think very big but find myself not wanting to work hard. I don't like babies but I love puppies. I do not like people but people like me. I don't like it when a stanger tries to start a conversation with me. My mindset goes: "You don't know me so don't try to talk to me." "

and some other thing I didn't mention.

From what you wrote, you sound like a fairly normal, somewhat introverted (i.e., don't like strangers starting conversations with you) young man who has not yet figured out what he wants to do with his life. If you're not motivated to do your school work, it may be simply that you haven't found a subject that truly interests you yet. You have to work on setting more realistic goals for yourself than MIT if you're struggling to motivate yourself to do your course work. When you set impossible goals, you're just setting yourself up for failure, which reinforces the negative attitude. Set realistic, achievable, short-term goals, and you will find it's much easier to stay motivated when you're continuously celebrating small successes rather than big failures.

Sounds boring.

I think the phrase you're after is "I couldn't care less"!

bengaltiger14 said:
But if someone criticizes my truck, my girlfriend, my cousins, I could care less.

Do you actually have a girlfriend?

What is your definition of a stranger? For example, does it include classmates?

zoobyshoe said:
Do you actually have a girlfriend?

My guess is if he does, it's not a very good relationship. Usually men would care about someone insulting their girlfriend if they really cared a lot about her, but if it's just a casual thing, not so much.

Moonbear said:
My guess is if he does, it's not a very good relationship. Usually men would care about someone insulting their girlfriend if they really cared a lot about her, but if it's just a casual thing, not so much.

I just can't imaging anyone who is so anti-people and shy of strangers attracting any girl.

Moonbear said:
You have to work on setting more realistic goals for yourself than MIT

I know four students who achieved greater than 4.0 in high school who were rejected from MIT. Try Woostah, or RPI, and then if you knock them out with your brilliance, MIT might notice you for PhD studies.

But even Woostah and RPI won't be impressed by lackadaisical community college work.

Last edited:
Moonbear said:

I rarely let people insult anyone nevermind someone I care about. Not because I'm defensive (because I'm not defensive), but because it's just not cool.

zoobyshoe said:
I just can't imaging anyone who is so anti-people and shy of strangers attracting any girl.
You'd be surprised. Often, those very traits are like a magnet.

morphism said:
I think the phrase you're after is "I couldn't care less"!
No, he's right. "I could care less" is the sarcastic version of the same phrase.

I don't like it when a stanger tries to start a conversation with me.
Interesting. Hmmmm. But one initiates contact with strangers and then asks "Tell me what you think about me and how my mind works."

I do not like people but people like me.
OK. You're a diode? :biggrin:

Related to Can you tell me about myself and how I think?

1. Can you explain how my brain works and why I think the way I do?

The human brain is a complex organ responsible for processing information, controlling bodily functions, and regulating emotions. It consists of billions of neurons that communicate with each other through electrical and chemical signals. The way you think is influenced by your genetics, upbringing, and life experiences. Your brain constantly adapts and changes, forming new connections and pathways as you learn and experience new things.

2. How do my thoughts and beliefs shape my perception of the world?

Your thoughts and beliefs are shaped by your experiences, values, and cultural influences. They act as filters through which you interpret and make sense of the world around you. Your perception of reality is unique to you and can be influenced by your thoughts and beliefs.

3. What factors contribute to my decision-making process?

There are many factors that can influence your decision-making process, such as your emotions, past experiences, values, and cognitive biases. Your brain also uses different processes, such as intuition and logic, to make decisions. Additionally, external factors such as social pressure and available information can also impact your decision-making.

4. How does memory play a role in my self-perception?

Memory is closely tied to self-perception as it helps us form a sense of self-identity and shape our beliefs and behaviors. Our memories are not always accurate and can be influenced by our emotions and biases. The way we remember past events can also impact how we perceive ourselves and our capabilities.

5. Can my thoughts and behaviors change over time?

Yes, your thoughts and behaviors can change over time. As you learn and experience new things, your brain forms new connections and adapts to these changes. Additionally, external factors such as relationships, life events, and personal growth can also influence your thoughts and behaviors. It's important to continuously reflect and evaluate your thoughts and behaviors to promote personal growth and adapt to changing circumstances.