Can you verify my Physics work please?

In summary, the conversation involved a student preparing for a physics test and seeking verification on their problem solving. They discussed solving for the time it took to stop while driving at a constant speed of 80.0km/h and the acceleration involved. They also discussed an object's average speed and acceleration within a 5 second time interval.
CivilSigma
I am preparing for a physics test and i want to make sure what and how I am solving the review questions is correct because I have no answer key!Thank you in advance!

2-You are driving in your car at a steady 80.0km/h. and you suddenly see a stop sign. You apply your breakes and stop after 60.0m(or 0.06km).

a)How long did it take you to stop?
What I did was find Vavg=0.5(80.0km/h + 0.0km/h) then using it in the equation of delta d=Vavg.*delta t and getting an answer of 0.0015h.

b)What was your acceleration?
What I did was using the formula V2^2=V1^2+2a(delta d) and I solved to get a= (to appropriate sig fig) -53300km/h^23-During the span of 5.0s time interval an object begins at 5.0m/s, accelerates uniformly and ends at 20.0m/s.

a) What is the average speed of the obect in this 5 s interval?
What I did Vavg=0.5(20.0m/s + 5.0m/s)=12.5m/s

b)What is the acceleration?
What I did v2=v1+2a(t)
20.0m/s=5.0m/s+2a(5.0s)
a= 3.0m/s^2
Thank you again!

Physics news on Phys.org
I would choose a different formula for 2b (you already know the velocity difference and the time), but that one is possible as well.
m/s and m/s^2 would be more conventional units for the answers. I did not check the numbers, a computer can do this quicker.

3 is fine.

Related to Can you verify my Physics work please?

1. What does it mean to "verify" my Physics work?

To verify your Physics work means to check and confirm the accuracy and validity of your calculations, equations, and experiments.

2. How do you verify Physics work?

Verification of Physics work involves carefully examining the logic and steps used to arrive at a solution, checking for any errors or inconsistencies, and comparing results with known principles and equations.

3. Can you verify my entire Physics project or just specific parts?

As a scientist, I can verify specific parts of your Physics work or your entire project, depending on the level of detail you provide and the time available.

4. What if you find errors in my Physics work?

If I find errors in your Physics work, I will point them out and suggest ways to correct them. However, it is ultimately your responsibility to ensure the accuracy of your work.

5. Is verification of Physics work necessary?

Verification of Physics work is essential in ensuring the integrity and reliability of scientific research. It helps to identify mistakes and improve understanding of the subject matter.