Can't share my engineering experience here.

• Thread starter Cardinal Gramm
  • Start date
Cardinal Gramm
People were asking advice on what to major in etc. I created a thread with my experience starting with a BS in math only to realize engineering was what I should have chosen. At 30 I obtained a ME from C-MU which corrected that and worked as a senior structures analysis at Pratt & Whitney. My post was deleted because it was not posted as a question.

Physics news on Phys.org
The problem with your thread start was that it was a personal blog entry by you. PF does not support user blog entries.

Maybe you can share your experience a little bit at a time. Perhaps in more of a question or answer format. Sometimes people need some context to care since there are so many engineers out there, each with a unique story to tell.

Unfortunately rules are needed to keep PF valuable, lest it degenerate into a generic SM platform. Don't go away without trying PF for what it is. It sounds like you will have useful experiences to share.

Cardinal Gramm said:
People were asking advice on what to major in etc. I created a thread with my experience ...
Cardinal Gramm said:
My post was deleted because it was not posted as a question.
If you have experience, then watch the various forums and answer any question that comes up within your field of expertise. Your posts will then not be deleted.

Likes DaveE, Vanadium 50 and berkeman
I get your point. However I can't possibly answer every person that asks the similar question. My intent was an answer for the set of such questions.

Cardinal Gramm said:
I get your point. However I can't possibly answer every person that asks the similar question. My intent was an answer for the set of such questions.
If you see such a question come up, answer it and if others come up, just provide them w/ a link to your original answer.

• Informative
Likes Vanadium 50 and Cardinal Gramm
Cardinal Gramm said:
Questions that are answered, get indexed by search engines like Google, etc.

Google works best when there is a well-formed key question, followed by several answers in the one thread.

People who Google their question, will be guided indirectly by Google to your answer on the forum.

Without a question to index, your post would probably become insignificant.

• Informative
Likes berkeman, BillTre and Lnewqban
Cardinal Gramm said:
My intent was an answer for the set of such questions.
Google can offer such answers for (almost) everything, and apparently that's still no use.
Just one more won't be much use either.

Personal interaction is what makes answers different from just googlework.

Likes berkeman, phinds, Vanadium 50 and 1 other person