Capacity with 2 R in RC circuit

In summary, the conversation discusses simplifying a circuit with two transistors by calculating Rin and finding the value of C given a specific frequency. The question arises about what value to use for R in the equation omega = 1/rc. There is also a discussion about calculating the gain and the confusion about whether to include the resistor before the capacitor in the calculation. Additional clarification is requested with a circuit diagram.
potatowhisperer

Homework Statement

Initially we had a circuit with 2 transistor , we draw the equivalent circuit in the dynamic range and low frequency .
After that we simplified the Circuit by calculatuig Rin after the capacity .
So what we have left is a voltage source (ac) followed by a resistor followed by a capa followed by another resistor . The question is find c given f , we know 1/rc = 2pi f , the problem here is what is r .[/B]

Homework Equations

omega =1/rc

The Attempt at a Solution

Is this true . Omega = 1/ (R1 + R2 )c

Physics news on Phys.org
i apologize ; apparently we calculate the gain : Av = Vo / Vi , and we deduce the form of omega from there , thank you very much .

okey turns out i am too dumb , for this , i thought i understood but it wasn t the case .
i just can not figure out if we should ignore the resistor before the capacitor , and think of it as part of Vin or not . please help.

Can you provide a circuit diagram to make the configuration more clear? Show where Vo and Vi are measured.

Related to Capacity with 2 R in RC circuit

What is an RC circuit?

An RC circuit is a circuit that contains a resistor (R) and a capacitor (C) connected in series. This type of circuit is commonly used in electronic devices and is used to control the flow of electricity.

How does capacity affect an RC circuit?

The capacity, or capacitance, of a capacitor in an RC circuit affects the time it takes for the capacitor to charge and discharge. A higher capacity capacitor will take longer to charge and discharge compared to a lower capacity capacitor.

What is the time constant in an RC circuit?

The time constant is a measure of how quickly the capacitor in an RC circuit charges or discharges. It is calculated by multiplying the resistance and capacitance values in the circuit.

How does the value of the resistor affect an RC circuit?

The value of the resistor in an RC circuit determines the rate at which the capacitor charges and discharges. A higher resistance value will result in a slower charging and discharging process, while a lower resistance value will result in a faster process.

What are some practical applications of RC circuits?

RC circuits are commonly used in electronic devices such as radios, televisions, and computers. They are also used in filters, timers, and signal processing circuits. Additionally, RC circuits are used in medical devices, such as pacemakers, to regulate the timing of electrical pulses.