CATIA Questions about python script

• Python
  • Thread starter Gary_Yan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Python
In summary, it seems like you are experiencing difficulties with using Python to instantiate a UDF in CATIA and it would be beneficial to do some research and reach out for assistance in order to resolve this problem.
Gary_Yan
Hello,ALL
Have somebody used python to Instanciate UDF in CATIA ?
I have some question with it

As follows:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:/VSProjects/Python/instantiateTemplate/insTemplateDlg.py", line 80, in on_buttonApply_clicked
factory.BeginInstanceFactory('Sphere',self.lineEdit.text())
File "<COMObject GetCustomerFactory>", line 3, in BeginInstanceFactory
http://pywintypes.com/ _error: (-2147352567, '发生意外。', (0, 'CATIAInstanceFactory', 'The method BeginInstanceFactory failed', None, 0, -2147467259), None)

I hope I explained my problem clearly.
Tks

Last edited by a moderator:
Technology news on Phys.org
for your help.It looks like you are trying to use a COM object to instantiate a UDF in CATIA using Python. Unfortunately, it looks like you are running into an issue with the GetCustomerFactory method that is preventing you from achieving this. I would recommend trying to search the internet for any solutions or tutorials on how to properly use this method in order to successfully instantiate a UDF in CATIA using Python. It might also be helpful to contact the manufacturer of the software to see if they provide any technical support or resources to help you with this issue.

Related to CATIA Questions about python script

1. What is CATIA?

CATIA is a computer-aided design (CAD) software program widely used in the aerospace, automotive, and other engineering industries for 3D modeling, drafting, and product design.

2. How can I use python script in CATIA?

Python script can be used in CATIA through the CATScript interface, which allows users to automate tasks and create custom tools. It can also be used to access and manipulate CATIA objects through the API.

3. What are the benefits of using python script in CATIA?

Using python script in CATIA can increase efficiency by automating repetitive tasks and can also improve accuracy and consistency in design. It also allows for customization and the creation of new tools to meet specific needs.

4. Do I need programming experience to use python script in CATIA?

While some programming experience can be helpful, it is not necessary to use python script in CATIA. There are many resources and tutorials available to guide users through the process of learning and using python script in CATIA.

5. Can I use python script to create complex designs in CATIA?

Yes, python script can be used to create complex designs in CATIA. It provides access to the full functionality of CATIA and can be used to automate even the most complex tasks and designs.