CBI's One Year Anniversary - Guest Posts Welcome

In summary, Christine's blog celebrates its first anniversary and invites anyone interested to contribute. She has sent messages to Daniele Oriti and Alejandro Perez and plans to organize the blog in a way that makes it easier to access the material.
ccdantas
Dear colleagues,

In order to celebrate the first year of Christine's Background Independence, I'm inviting anyone interested to send their contributions. See the blog page for instructions:

http://christinedantas.blogspot.com"

Thank you very much! :biggrin:
Christine

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, Christine! I still haven't managed to get through all the archived materials, yet, because you have linked to so many interesting papers that I keep falling down rabbit holes. Happy anniversary!

Congratulations on your first year of blogging, Christine.
It is an attractive, interesting, and balanced blog----with an unusually good list of QG link resources.

My first reaction to your invitation to guest bloggers is to say that, for my part, I can't think of anything to say as a guest blogger that would add.

===============

Here is my advice. Write to Daniele Oriti at Utrecht immediately and invite him to contribute a blog which tells the status of his book.

Every author likes to have a little advance news go out, about his book.

Also the situation is interesting because the book WAS scheduled for publication in 2006 but I heard an unconfirmed report in September that there were still one or two invited essays which had not been submitted so the actual publication might not be until (hopefully early!) 2007.

Also you could write to Carlo Rovelli and Alejandro Perez at Marseille and ask if they want to write a short "State of the Research" blog about where now is gravitons from spinfoam and QG contact with classical gravity, or some kind of thing like that.

Last edited:
Great idea!

A message has already been sent to Oriti.
I'll try Perez now. Thanks!

Christine

Message sent to Perez!

Christine

Oh, next year, if I have the time for that, I'm planning to organize the blog so that the material can be accessed easier. The blog format has some advantages but also some serious drawbacks, as is evident as the amount of material and links grows (the situation now on CBI). :frown:

Cheers,
Christine

Last edited:
ccdantas said:
Oh, next year, if I have the time for that, I'm planning to organize the blog so that the material can be accessed easier. The blog format has some advantages but also some serious drawbacks, as is evident as the amount of material and links grows (the situation now on CBI). :frown:

Cheers,
Christine
I hope that you can organize the blog in a way that works for you. I had commented to a post in the archives (June 2006) re: Padmanabhan relating to a paper of your own, but since that material is archived it didn't have a sense of immediacy. I know (now) that you get email notifications of comments in the archived sections, but at the time, it felt like throwing a bottle into the ocean with a note in it. :rolleyes: Again, congratulations on the anniversary - I don't see how you have the time to chase down all these papers, link them and comment, but I'm glad that you do.

best regards
Skip

but at the time, it felt like throwing a bottle into the ocean with a note in it.

I hope this bad feeling will change soon! As I mentioned at that time, I'm willing to write a post on Mach's Principle and quote your comment in there. This post on MP must be written carefully and I simply did not find the time for it yet. :cry:

Best wishes,
Christine

turbo-1 said:
, but at the time, it felt like throwing a bottle into the ocean with a note in it.

I have remembered a history about that, someone throwing a bottle into the ocean and a long of time later reveiving a letter from a lady in Scotland, telling him not to throw liter! Hope your feedback is more positive.

Related to CBI's One Year Anniversary - Guest Posts Welcome

1. What is the purpose of CBI's One Year Anniversary?

The purpose of CBI's One Year Anniversary is to celebrate the one year mark of the company's founding and to reflect on the progress and accomplishments made in the past year.

2. Who can contribute guest posts for CBI's One Year Anniversary?

Anyone is welcome to contribute guest posts for CBI's One Year Anniversary. We encourage submissions from employees, clients, partners, and anyone else who has been involved with the company in the past year.

3. What types of topics are appropriate for guest posts?

We welcome a variety of topics related to CBI's One Year Anniversary, including personal experiences, reflections on company growth, and future goals and aspirations. We also encourage posts that highlight the impact of the company on individuals and the community.

4. How can I submit a guest post for CBI's One Year Anniversary?

To submit a guest post, please email your post to the designated contact for CBI's One Year Anniversary. Make sure to include your name, contact information, and any relevant links or images.

5. Will all guest posts be published?

We cannot guarantee that all guest posts will be published, as we will be curating the content to ensure it aligns with the purpose and tone of CBI's One Year Anniversary. However, we will do our best to include as many submissions as possible and will notify you if your post has been selected for publication.