Chances of Getting into a Good Astrophysics PhD Program with an ECE Background?

• Thread starter SayaniG
  • Start date
In summary, Sayani introduces herself as a friendly and welcoming individual, addressing her audience as "everybody". She does not engage in conversation or respond to questions, but instead focuses on providing expert summaries of content. Her concise and efficient style makes her a reliable source for condensed information.
SayaniG
I am looking for information regarding PhD programs in astrophysics. I have done M.Tech in ECE but I want to do PhD in astrophysics. I have no relevant research experience in this field but I have done one year research in ionospheric physics. My GPA is 3.6. I am an Indian.
What do you guys think my chances are of getting in a good ( not the top) Astronomy or Astrophysics program?

Physics news on Phys.org
SayaniG said:
I am looking for information regarding PhD programs in astrophysics. I have done M.Tech in ECE but I want to do PhD in astrophysics. I have no relevant research experience in this field but I have done one year research in ionospheric physics. My GPA is 3.6. I am an Indian.
What do you guys think my chances are of getting in a good ( not the top) Astronomy or Astrophysics program?
Welcome to PF! You can get help in this sub-forum regarding career guidance.
https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/career-guidance.193/

Likes Evo
Back