Chemical reactions according to equation

In summary, Homework Statement states that a chemical process can create a total of 26.52 grams of aluminum oxide, which is enough to create a Al203 powder.
omni

Homework Statement

12.8 gr of O Flowed over 100 gr hot Al.
and i got this reactions equation: 4Al(s)+3O2(g)--->2Al2O3(g)

a)how many gr Aluminum oxide Al203 Created through a chemical process ?

i know i need to find the number of moles of oxygen which flowed. and the number of moles of Al present.
for the start.

hope u can help me.

Physics news on Phys.org
Do what you know you have to do - what is molar mas of aluminum? Of oxygen? Don't forget oxygen is diatomic.

--

well the molar mass of Al 27g/mol and of oxygen32g/mol
so the number of moles of O2 in this equation is 0.4 moles because i do 12.8g/32=0.4and for All is 3.7 because i have 100g so i do 100/27=3.7 tell me if i Right till here.

thank you.

Correct, now look at the stoichiometry and see which substance will be limiting for the reaction (i.e. run out first).

the number of Aluminum oxide Al203 in grams that Created through a chemical process can be 26.52g?

Any mass of Al2O3 can be created by a chemical process. But in this particular case correct answer is higher, by nearly 3/4 g.

look what i did: is known that 12.8g of O was Flowed over 100 gr hot Al.
so the number of moles of O is n=m/Mm=0.4moles of O.
100g of Al so the number of moles is100/27=3.7 moles.
i used all the O and only used in 0.533 moles of Al.
so to know how many gr Aluminum oxide Al203 Created through a chemical process i am take 0.4 moles of the O and doubler it in the Ratio of the moles ?
like this 0.4*2/3=0.26 moles of Al2O3 and the mass is 102*0.26=26.52g of Al2O3 i did it with the equation: n*Mm=m.
hope you Understand me.
thanks.

Don't round down intermediate results, round down only the final answer.

OK but the way is ok?

and the final answer is the mass of Al2O3 that Created through a chemical process is 102*0.26=26.52g tell me where i Wrong ?

i showed you all the way Because maybe i Wrong somewhere in the way so if you see my way you can know where i wrong.

I already told you what you did wrong.

OK so is need to be like this:0.4*2/3=0.2666 moles of Al2O3 and the mass is 101.93*0.2666=27.17g or if i round down this result i will get 27g YES?

thanks for your Patience really.

Right.

wow i so happy i did sure with ur help so thank you about all the help:)

Related to Chemical reactions according to equation

1. What is a chemical reaction according to equation?

A chemical reaction according to equation is a process in which substances, known as reactants, are transformed into different substances, known as products, through the rearrangement of atoms. This rearrangement is represented by a chemical equation.

2. What are the key components of a chemical equation?

The key components of a chemical equation are the reactants, products, and the arrow that represents the direction of the reaction. Coefficients, which are numbers placed in front of a chemical formula to indicate the number of each molecule or atom, and subscripts, which are numbers written below and to the right of an element's symbol to indicate the number of atoms in a molecule, may also be included.

3. How can you determine if a chemical equation is balanced?

A chemical equation is balanced if the number of atoms of each element on the reactant side is equal to the number of atoms of the same element on the product side. This can be determined by counting the number of atoms for each element and adjusting coefficients as needed to achieve balance.

4. What is the purpose of balancing a chemical equation?

The purpose of balancing a chemical equation is to accurately represent the reactants and products involved in a chemical reaction. A balanced equation shows the conservation of mass, as all atoms present in the reactants must also be present in the products.

5. Can a chemical equation be reversed?

Yes, a chemical equation can be reversed. This is known as a reversible reaction, where the reactants can form products and the products can also form the original reactants. The direction of the reaction can be influenced by certain factors, such as temperature and concentration.