Chicago: New Views of the Universe (Dec 8-13,2005)

• Thread starter robphy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Universe
In summary, the KICP Inaugural Symposium "New Views of the Universe" will bring together cosmologists, particle physicists, astrophysicists, and astronomers from around the world to discuss the current status and the future of theory, experiments, and observations at the particle physics - cosmology interface. The Symposium will also honor the memory of David Schramm who was a pioneer in research at the interface of cosmology and particle physics.
robphy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
http://newviews.uchicago.edu/overview.html
Cosmological discoveries of the past 10 years have revolutionized our view of the Universe. The KICP Inaugural Symposium "New Views of the Universe" will focus on a broad range of topics from particle physics and cosmology of the early universe to structure formation in the local Universe. The Symposium aims to bring together cosmologists, particle physicists, astrophysicists, and astronomers from around the world to discuss the current status and the future of theory, experiments, and observations at the particle physics - cosmology interface. The Symposium will also honor the memory of David Schramm who was a pioneer in research at the interface of cosmology and particle physics.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Yeah, a lot of the grad students here are going to that conference. Unfortunately, I have other obligations this week, but it looks like it'll be a good one. I think the WMAP team had originally intended to present some of their new results at this conference, but the release has been delayed again. Word is, however, that it's going to happen very soon.

Looks like a nice conference...although I will have some minor trouble with getting there in time:-p
Btw, is this one something you over there could recommend?
http://www.physics.ucla.edu/hep/dm06/dm06.htm
Anyone been to it before?

Last edited by a moderator:
EL said:
Btw, is this one something you over there could recommend?

It certainly looks like it would be good, if their advisory committee is any indication. Those are some pretty big names.

SpaceTiger said:
It certainly looks like it would be good, if their advisory committee is any indication. Those are some pretty big names.

Yeap, I recognize/have listened to some of them.
We'll see how I'll do. It would be nice, but as always it's about money too...so I want to be sure it's worth it.

robphy said:

A pretty comprehensive spectrum of views, almost a new Universe!.. perspective that is.

Amazing , just a glance at the abstracts tells me it will be a worthwhile Symposium, great stuff.

FAQ: Chicago: New Views of the Universe (Dec 8-13,2005)

1. What is "Chicago: New Views of the Universe (Dec 8-13,2005)"?

"Chicago: New Views of the Universe" was a scientific conference held in Chicago from December 8th to 13th in 2005. The conference focused on new discoveries and advancements in the field of astronomy and astrophysics.

2. Who attended the conference?

The conference was attended by scientists, researchers, and experts in the fields of astronomy and astrophysics from all over the world. It was also open to the general public who were interested in learning about new developments in the universe.

3. What were the main topics of discussion at the conference?

The main topics of discussion at the conference included new discoveries in space, advancements in technology and instrumentation, and the latest research and theories in the fields of astronomy and astrophysics. There were also discussions on the future of space exploration and potential collaborations among scientists.

4. What were some of the notable highlights from the conference?

Some notable highlights from the conference include the presentation of new findings from the Hubble Space Telescope, discussions on the search for habitable exoplanets, and talks on the potential for future missions to Mars. There were also panel discussions on the role of technology in advancing our understanding of the universe.

5. Has "Chicago: New Views of the Universe (Dec 8-13,2005)" been held again?

As of now, there have been no reports of the conference being held again in the same format. However, many similar conferences and symposiums continue to take place around the world, focusing on new developments and advancements in the field of astronomy and astrophysics.

Back