Chinese Characters appear in MS Access

• Thread starter thomassims
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the occurrence of Chinese characters in a single record within a database table and asks for suggestions. The provided link offers information on storing and retrieving Chinese characters in Oracle, while additional cases of Chinese characters appearing in memo fields are mentioned.
thomassims
Has anybody ever seen Chinese Characters appear in a single record within a database table? I look forward to any suggestions.

Likes RobertFowler17
Computer science news on Phys.org

FAQ: Chinese Characters appear in MS Access

1. What are Chinese characters?

Chinese characters are logograms used in the writing of Chinese and some other Asian languages. They represent words or phrases rather than sounds, and are composed of strokes and radicals that give clues to their meaning.

2. Why do Chinese characters appear in MS Access?

Chinese characters may appear in MS Access if the software is set to support Chinese language input or if data from a Chinese language system has been imported. This allows for the use of Chinese characters in data entry and storage.

3. How can I input Chinese characters in MS Access?

To input Chinese characters in MS Access, you will need to have a Chinese language enabled keyboard or input method installed on your computer. You can then switch to this input method while using MS Access to type in Chinese characters.

4. Can I search for Chinese characters in MS Access?

Yes, you can search for Chinese characters in MS Access by using the correct input method and typing in the characters you are looking for. You can also use the "Find" function to search for specific characters within a larger dataset.

5. How do I display Chinese characters properly in MS Access?

In order to display Chinese characters properly in MS Access, you will need to have the correct language pack installed on your computer. This will ensure that the characters are rendered correctly on the screen and in any reports or forms within MS Access.