Chocolates for your sweetie - only $2000 a pound

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: They are definitely a luxurious chocolate, but they are also the best tasting. The cocoa is smooth, the flavor is intense, and there is a good balance between bitterness and sweetness. We love that they use a natural sweetener instead of sucralose or other artificial sweeteners. If you are looking for a luxurious chocolate that you can enjoy every day, we would recommend Nirvana.
Physics news on Phys.org
Unless there are $2,000 in gold coins in that chocolate...NO.

Like the old saying goes "A fool and their money are soon parted."

If I say my chocolate is worth $2000 a pound, how much can I sell before people stop buying it for the novelty?

What I like about the story is that they sent a reporter who doesn't like chocolate to comment on the taste. Their next story will involve sending a beer drinker to comment on the wines of Napa.

For 2000 dollars a pound it better listen to my girlfriend complain, rub my back, and cook me dinner!

What killed me is the part where they show normal homestyle candy making and call it "labor intense" and claims it justifies the cost. BUWAHAHA. I do not pity the morons that pay for this stuff.

Man is that stuff delicious. Every time I do something wrong, I get a pound for my wife to make up for it. Lately she's been very picky so I had to hock the yacht. But it's worth it, every time I get her a pound, she let's me have a piece.

MotoH said:
For 2000 dollars a pound it better listen to my girlfriend complain, rub my back, and cook me dinner!

:smile: For $2000 a pound, it better come with the engagement ring packaged with it!

Want a nice chocolate fix for cheap? My wife picked up a tub of Harry London Cookie Joys (mint chocolate flavor). They are milk chocolate and dark chocolate with crunchy cookie pieces. Addictive! The mint flavoring is not as overwhelming as a Junior Mint, the chocolate flavor is richer, and the crunchy parts are great.

She paid $1.50 for a 7 oz box and they are well worth it. Of course, she bought them at a store known for offering over-stocks at deep discounts, including food, candies, condiments, etc.

As far as Tsu and I are concerned, chocolate doesn't get any better than Nirvana Belgian Chocolate. It sells for about $44 a pound.
http://www.nirvanachocolates.com/

We sampled every chocolate that we could get in Europe before landing on Nirvana.

Related to Chocolates for your sweetie - only $2000 a pound

1. What makes these chocolates so expensive?

The high price of these chocolates is due to their rare and high-quality ingredients. The cacao beans are sourced from small, artisanal farms that produce some of the best quality beans in the world. The chocolates are also hand-crafted by experienced chocolatiers using traditional techniques, making them a luxury item.

2. Are these chocolates worth the price?

That ultimately depends on your personal preference and budget. These chocolates are made with the finest ingredients and are considered a delicacy by many. If you are a chocolate connoisseur and appreciate the highest quality, then these chocolates may be worth the price to you.

3. Can I find similar chocolates for a lower price?

While there are many high-end chocolate brands on the market, the ingredients and craftsmanship of these chocolates make them truly unique. You may be able to find chocolates at a lower price, but they may not have the same level of quality and exclusivity as these chocolates.

4. How long do these chocolates last?

These chocolates have a relatively short shelf life compared to mass-produced chocolates. They are made with fresh ingredients and do not contain any preservatives, so they are best enjoyed within a few weeks of purchase. However, if stored properly in a cool and dry place, they can last for up to 2-3 months.

5. Can I customize the chocolates for my sweetie?

Unfortunately, these chocolates are only available in one flavor and design. They are created to be a luxury item and maintain a consistent quality and appearance. However, you can always add a personalized note or card to make the gift more special for your sweetie.

Back