Choosing Between Electrophysics and Theoretical Physics for a Physics Major

• Thread starter Bobman
  • Start date
In summary, choosing between electrophysics and theoretical physics for a physics major involves considering the practical application and mathematical focus of each field. Electrophysics deals with the study of electromagnetic phenomena and their practical applications, while theoretical physics focuses on developing mathematical models and theories to explain the fundamental laws of nature. Ultimately, the decision should be based on personal interests and career goals, as both fields offer unique and valuable contributions to the study of physics.
Bobman
Hi,

Currently in my 2nd year in electrical engineering, which have taught me that i really don't care for electrical engineering at all and i have every intent to major/graduate/do my masters in physics. Currently deciding between "Electrophysics" in plasma track or "Physics" in theoretical physics or astrophysics track, but i am very happy there is one year left until i have to worry about that.

I think my long term goal as of now is more towards a phd to pursue a academic career rather than R&D or industrial.

So that's pretty much it.

Bob

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
A warm welcome to PF, Bob!