Classical Mechanics Notes needed:

In summary, the individual is seeking help from seniors in understanding Classical Mechanics, specifically the concepts of Lagrange and Hamiltonian. They are asking for any helpful materials or notes from others, but do not want book recommendations. One suggestion is to use David Tong's notes, which can be found at the given link. It is also advised to solve problem sets for better understanding.
Muhammad Toqeer
Hello Seniors,
I have done BSc in Physics but couldn't take lectures of Classical Mechanics. I am Almost blind in this subject. Since it's a core course in Physics, so i need your help to understand the basics in this course. If anyone of you have any helping material/notes/slides etc which contains the basics concepts and topics of Classical mechanics please share it with me. I am mostly keen to understand LAGRANGE and HAMILTONIAN. how to make lagrange or hamiltonian of some system? Seniors please Help.

Please don't recommend Books, I have tried goldstein but its too much difficult to prepare it from any book. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Likes Intraverno

Related to Classical Mechanics Notes needed:

1. What are classical mechanics notes?

Classical mechanics notes are study materials that cover the fundamental principles and laws of motion described by Isaac Newton in the 17th century. They include topics such as kinematics, dynamics, energy, and momentum.

2. Why do I need classical mechanics notes?

Classical mechanics notes are essential for understanding the basic principles of motion and their applications to real-world problems. They provide a foundation for further studies in physics and other related fields.

3. Where can I find classical mechanics notes?

Classical mechanics notes can be found in various sources, including textbooks, online resources, and lecture notes. Your university or college may also provide notes for your specific course.

4. How do I take effective notes for classical mechanics?

To take effective notes for classical mechanics, it is important to actively engage with the material, organize your notes in a systematic manner, and review them regularly. It is also helpful to use diagrams and examples to aid in understanding.

5. Are classical mechanics notes still relevant in modern science?

Yes, classical mechanics notes are still relevant in modern science as they form the basis of many scientific principles and laws. They are also used to understand and predict the behavior of objects at the macroscopic level, such as in engineering and astronomy.