Complementary resources to Feynman Lectures

seba_
Hi everyone!
I've begun teaching myself physics with the Feynman Lectures books. However, I find the exercises so difficult. After reading a chapter, I struggle with how to approach the exercises effectively. I understand that this isn't an easy process, but I feel I need a deeper understanding before starting the exercises. Therefore, I'm seeking additional resources such as books, videos, or courses to supplement my learning.

A few years ago, I completed my engineering degree, so I have a basic understanding of physics, algebra, and calculus.

Thanks in advance!

Physics news on Phys.org
It would be helpful to know how well you understand QM/QFT and for integrals SR. Understanding those aforementioned will be essential to understanding Feymann path Integrals.

Likes seba_
Mordred said:
Feymann Integrals.
seba_ said:
Feynman Lectures
Not the same thing,

Personally, I would not use the Feynman Lectures to start with. They are great if you alreayd know the material and want to understand it better, but not so great if you are starting from scratch. If you are rusty on the physics you learned in the past, I'd get a standard textbook like Halliday and Resnick and work through that before tackling Feynman.

Likes dextercioby, PhDeezNutz, Demystifier and 6 others
Sorry misread that my bad lol. Wife distracted me yeah yeah it's all her fault

• Haha
Likes apostolosdt, Demystifier and seba_
Vanadium 50 said:
Not the same thing,

Personally, I would not use the Feynman Lectures to start with. They are great if you alreayd know the material and want to understand it better, but not so great if you are starting from scratch. If you are rusty on the physics you learned in the past, I'd get a standard textbook like Halliday and Resnick and work through that before tackling Feynman.

Thanks! I'll check that book

seba_ said:
Thanks! I'll check that book
You do not need the current edition. You can get used older editions on the cheap.

Likes seba_
Vanadium 50 said:
Not the same thing,

That's also what the Caltech physics department thought in the late 1970's. They used the Berkeley Physics texts for the first year, but often assigned selected HW from the Leighton exercise book that accompanied Feynman.

Likes apostolosdt
DaveE said:
That's also what the Caltech physics department thought
Just because that''s what Caltech thinks doesn't make it wrong. :wink::wink::wink:

• Haha
Likes DaveE and berkeman