Complex Line Integral Value for Natural Numbers n=1,2,3..

In summary, the conversation discusses finding the value of I for natural numbers n = 1, 2, 3, ... using the integral \int\limits_{C}\dfrac{e^{iz}}{z^n} dz where z(t) =e^{it} and 0\leq t \leq 2\Pi. The suggestion of applying Cauchy's integral formula is mentioned, with the clarification that f(z) and a are not given in the question. The possibility of choosing f(z)=e^{iz} and a=0 is also mentioned.
burak100
I can't find the value, for natural number [itex] n = 1, 2, 3, ... [/itex]
[itex] I = \int\limits_{C}\dfrac{e^{iz}}{z^n} dz [/itex]

find the value. where [itex]z(t) =e^{it}[/itex] , [itex]0\leq t \leq 2\Pi[/itex]

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you considered applying Cauchy's integral formula,
[tex]f^{(n)}(z)= \frac{1}{2\pi i}\oint_C \frac{f(z)}{(z- a)^{n+1}} dz[/tex]
where C is any closed path containing a?
What is f(z)? What is a?

I didn't apply, but in the question f(z) is not given, and also a.
can we choose as f(z)=e^{iz} and a=0 ?

sorry for mistake
f(z)=e^{iz} --------> f(z)=e^{it} .

FAQ: Complex Line Integral Value for Natural Numbers n=1,2,3..

1. What is a complex line integral value for natural numbers n=1,2,3..?

A complex line integral value for natural numbers n=1,2,3.. is a mathematical concept that represents the sum of complex numbers along a given path in the complex plane. It is used to calculate the total value of a function over a specific region in the complex plane.

2. How is the complex line integral value calculated for natural numbers n=1,2,3..?

The complex line integral value is calculated using the Cauchy integral formula, which involves integrating a function over a closed curve in the complex plane. This formula takes into account the values of the function at each point along the curve and sums them up to calculate the total value.

3. What is the significance of natural numbers in the complex line integral value?

Natural numbers are used in the complex line integral value to represent the number of times the curve is traversed. This helps to calculate the total value of the function over a specific region in the complex plane.

4. How is the complex line integral value for natural numbers n=1,2,3.. used in science?

The complex line integral value for natural numbers n=1,2,3.. is used in various fields of science, such as physics, engineering, and mathematics. It is used to calculate the work done by a force along a given path, the circulation of a vector field, and the total charge enclosed by a closed curve, among other applications.

5. Are there any real-world applications of the complex line integral value for natural numbers n=1,2,3..?

Yes, there are many real-world applications of the complex line integral value for natural numbers n=1,2,3.. Some examples include calculating the electric field around a charged particle, determining the flow of a fluid around an object, and analyzing the behavior of electromagnetic waves in different materials.

Back