Computer Dying? Troubleshooting Tips

• Thread starter TheQuietOne
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computer
In summary, the conversation suggests that the speaker is experiencing issues with their old PC, with the mouse pad clicking and the screen displaying pink and green colors. They mention the possibility of the issue being with the mouse and monitor, and suggest trying different ones to confirm or eliminate this possibility. They also mention liking the new design on the website and asking about who renovated it.
TheQuietOne
I have a really old (not sure how old) pc but it keeps blinking pink(ish) and green colors and the left button on the mouse pad will click but the derned PC thinks I'm holding it down sometimes.

Computer science news on Phys.org
The problems may be to do with the mouse and the monitor, rather than the PC itself.
If possible try substituting a different mouse and monitor, to eliminate (or confirm) that possibility.
Hopefully you could borrow them from somewhere for purpose of testing this, rather than have to purchase.

Last edited:
Likes TheQuietOne
Thanks! By the way, the new designe on the website is kinda phunkey, I like it! (Who renovated it?)

FAQ: Computer Dying? Troubleshooting Tips

1. Why is my computer suddenly shutting down or freezing?

There could be several reasons for this, such as a virus or malware infection, overheating, outdated hardware or drivers, or a failing power supply. It's best to run a virus scan and check your computer's temperature to rule out those possibilities. If those don't seem to be the issue, it may be time to update your hardware or seek professional help.

2. How do I know if my computer is overheating?

There are a few signs that your computer may be overheating, such as loud fan noises, frequent crashes or freezes, and a hot or burning smell. You can also check your computer's temperature using a hardware monitoring tool. If it's consistently running above 70 degrees Celsius, it may be overheating.

3. What should I do if my computer won't turn on?

First, make sure that the power source is working and the power cord is securely connected. If those are not the issues, it could be a problem with the power supply, motherboard, or other hardware component. You may need to seek professional help to diagnose and fix the issue.

4. My computer is running very slow, what can I do?

There are a few things you can try to improve your computer's speed. First, check for any unnecessary programs or files that may be taking up space and slowing down your system. You can also clear your temporary files and run a disk cleanup. Additionally, make sure your operating system and drivers are up to date.

5. How can I prevent my computer from dying?

To prevent your computer from dying, it's important to regularly maintain and update your system. This includes running virus scans, clearing out unnecessary files, and keeping your hardware and software up to date. It's also important to properly shut down your computer and avoid overheating by keeping it in a well-ventilated area.