Computer Science: Planning to Enter the Field?

In summary, the main focus of computer engineering is on lower level programming and hardware information.
pep_i
Well I am planning in going into this field.If someone is kind enough to explain ill be so overwhelm.

Technology news on Phys.org
Okay to begin with,

You will be introduced with programming courses at the beginning term of your CS study. If you are new to programming, these courses will force you a little bit. With hard studies you will master the art of programming. Just don't overrate programming after this stage, programming is the 'tool' for you to succeed your goals in CS. Not the goal itself.

You will learn how to construct larger software systems and maintaning them. Connecting to database systems, learning internal designs of operating systems.

After that, you will learn the computer hardware architecture, studying lower level circuitry, understanding how mathematics and electronics will form up such a electronical computing technology. This knowledge will connect you to lower level programming principles.

At the latest years of your study, you can focus on brand new subfields of CS. Artificial Intelligence is overrated by non-CS people and sci-fi but open to new ideas, waiting for it's Einstein. You will learn Digital Image processing to form up, edit and find ways to solve real world problems by image processing. You can learn data mining and understand how search engines work.

A lot and a lot to tell ya...

Thanks man.i do have a huge knowledge on the area but its more theoretical...But can a C.S get into the video game field

I don't mean to hijack the thread but what is computer engineering about? Obviously there's a larger focus on circuitry since you take a large amount of electrical engineering courses.

pep_i said:
Thanks man.i do have a huge knowledge on the area but its more theoretical...But can a C.S get into the video game field

of course it can...just 3 days ago i saw a job application for Infinity ward " Call of duty " that want computer engineers like CS and SE

Well, Computer Engineering mostly focuses lower level of computing which includes hardware information + low level programming , they are more interested in building computer systems instead of coding software under the hardware abstraction of high level languages.

For example, robotics field include mostly computer engineers. You not only need to know the robot's hardware properties, but also need to make the software accordingly to make the robot move.

Computer science concers more theory like designing algorithms, making speed tests or adapting theories to computation.

But that means two specialities does not intercept ? No, absolutely it does. It doesn't matter, if you work on a robotics project, you are going to code the algorithm too so it means you got to know both sides, but mainly focus on Engineering side.

That is great to know.But what languages are the gratest to use if one is going to create say a software for genetics decrition

Do you need to know which hammer you are going to use if you don't know hammering ?
Same goes here in computing field, if you don't know anything about genetics, you don't need to know how to program it.

When you'll learn methods and how to do stuff in genetics, you'll discover or read which tools are the best for your job. But if you really want to know, my vote would go to MATLAB.

wel man i majored in the science and gentics is my fave topic in biology...

Related to Computer Science: Planning to Enter the Field?

What is computer science?

Computer science is the study of computers and computational systems, including their principles, their hardware and software designs, their applications, and their impact on society.

What skills do I need to enter the field of computer science?

Some essential skills for computer science include programming, problem-solving, critical thinking, and strong mathematical and analytical skills. It is also important to have good communication and teamwork skills.

What are some potential career paths in computer science?

Some common career paths in computer science include software development, data science, cyber security, artificial intelligence, and web development. However, there are many other specializations and industries that computer science can lead to.

What education is required to become a computer scientist?

Most computer science jobs require at least a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field such as mathematics or engineering. Some positions may also require a master's degree or Ph.D.

What is the job outlook for computer science in the future?

The job outlook for computer science is very strong, with continued growth expected in areas such as software development, data science, and cyber security. As technology continues to advance, the demand for skilled computer scientists is expected to increase.