Comsol: Global Variables Plot Time Resolution

In summary, the speaker is having trouble plotting the reaction force in a 3D thermo-structural problem. They believe the issue may be with the solver manager and are asking for help. The problem is later solved by changing the setting for "Time steps taken by solver" from "free" to "strict".
georg
Hi everybody,
I've got a problem with the Global Variables Plot in a 3D thermo-structural problem. I want to plot the reaction force for all the stored output times, but the interpolation only takes 7 steps of the solution, although the "times" in my time stepping are 0:.01:10 .
In my opinion the problem is anything with the solver manager, but I'm not sure. Could somebody please give me a hint? Thx!

Physics news on Phys.org
Problem solved...
In the "solve parameters", the chart "Time Stepping" ,then "Time steps taken by solver", I had the setting "free" which was not such a good idea. Works much better with "strict".

Hi there,

It is possible that the issue you are experiencing with the Global Variables Plot in your 3D thermo-structural problem is related to the solver manager. One potential solution could be to adjust the solver settings to increase the number of output times that are stored and used for interpolation. This can usually be done by adjusting the time resolution or time step size in the solver settings.

Another possibility is that there may be an error in your time stepping or interpolation settings. I would recommend checking these settings carefully to ensure that they are correctly specified and that all necessary output times are being stored.

If the issue persists, it may be helpful to consult with the technical support team for Comsol or to seek assistance from other experienced users on online forums or communities. They may be able to provide more specific guidance or troubleshooting steps based on their own experiences with similar problems.

Best of luck with resolving this issue.

Related to Comsol: Global Variables Plot Time Resolution

1. What is Comsol: Global Variables Plot Time Resolution?

Comsol: Global Variables Plot Time Resolution is a feature of the Comsol Multiphysics software which allows users to visualize and analyze the time-dependent behavior of their simulation results. It enables users to plot and analyze global variables, such as temperature or pressure, over time.

2. How do I access the Global Variables Plot Time Resolution feature?

To access the Global Variables Plot Time Resolution feature, go to the "Results" tab in Comsol and select "Global Variables Plot Time Resolution" from the dropdown menu. This will open a new window where you can select the global variable you want to analyze and customize the plot settings.

3. Can I change the time resolution of the plot?

Yes, you can change the time resolution of the plot by adjusting the "Time Stepping" settings in the "Global Variables Plot Time Resolution" window. You can choose to plot the results at specific time points or set a time interval for the plot.

4. How can I export the Global Variables Plot Time Resolution data?

You can export the data from the Global Variables Plot Time Resolution by right-clicking on the plot and selecting "Export Data". This will allow you to save the data in various formats, such as CSV or Excel, for further analysis.

5. Can I add multiple global variables to the plot?

Yes, you can add multiple global variables to the plot by clicking on the "Add Curve" button in the "Global Variables Plot Time Resolution" window. This will allow you to compare the time-dependent behavior of different global variables in one plot.