COMSOL Help: 3D Electromagnetics Wave Propagation

• Thread starter rr00053
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Comsol
In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking help with using the 3D electromagnetics application mode in COMSOL to model the wave propagation through different materials. They are specifically looking for information on boundary conditions and fixing the frequency of the wave. Another person, David, provides helpful data and suggests checking out Yang's paper for more detailed model setting. The original person expresses gratitude for the information and hopes David will share their finished work for others to learn from.
rr00053
COMSOL help- very URGENT

Hi there...
Can anyone help me to model the wave propogation through a block of material using the 3D electromagnetics application mode in comsol? I want to simulate the attunation in the intensity of wave when it travels through different materials like Si, Ni, etc...I would like to know about the boundry conditions we use and how we fix the frequency of the wave...
someone please do help me soon...
thankyou...

Technology news on Phys.org

Hello,

I think the attachment can help you a lot espeically for BC setting.

Cheers,

David

Attachments

• Yang_pres.pdf
    880.7 KB · Views: 1,278

Hi Davidleee...
thanku very much for the data...it helped me to get some useful information about the input and output conditions...i am looking out for the boundary conditions as well...anyway thanks for providing me this key data...it helped me to get started...
thankyou

Hello,

You can also check Yang's paper for detailed model setting.
Hope this can help as well.

David

Attachments

• Yang.pdf
    449.7 KB · Views: 305

Dear David,
The following paper and presentation has helped me a lot...I thankyou very much fr the data you had given me..

Please post your finished work so that others can learn from it. Thanks. :)

Related to COMSOL Help: 3D Electromagnetics Wave Propagation

1. What is the purpose of 3D Electromagnetics Wave Propagation in COMSOL?

The purpose of 3D Electromagnetics Wave Propagation in COMSOL is to simulate and analyze electromagnetic wave propagation in three-dimensional structures. This can help researchers and engineers understand the behavior of electromagnetic waves in complex systems and design more efficient and effective devices.

2. What are the key features of COMSOL's 3D Electromagnetics Wave Propagation module?

The key features of COMSOL's 3D Electromagnetics Wave Propagation module include the ability to solve for time-harmonic, transient, and eigenmode problems, support for various boundary conditions, a wide range of material models, and advanced post-processing tools for visualizing and analyzing results.

3. How does COMSOL's 3D Electromagnetics Wave Propagation module handle non-linear materials?

COMSOL's 3D Electromagnetics Wave Propagation module offers a variety of material models to handle non-linear materials, such as the Kerr effect, the Drude-Lorentz model, and user-defined material models. These models can be combined with other electromagnetic wave propagation features, such as frequency domain and time domain solvers, to accurately simulate the behavior of non-linear materials.

4. Can COMSOL's 3D Electromagnetics Wave Propagation module be used for antenna design?

Yes, COMSOL's 3D Electromagnetics Wave Propagation module can be used for antenna design. It offers a range of tools and features specifically designed for antenna analysis, including built-in antenna library, frequency sweep studies, and far-field radiation patterns visualization.

5. Are there any tutorials or examples available for learning how to use COMSOL's 3D Electromagnetics Wave Propagation module?

Yes, COMSOL provides a variety of tutorials and examples for learning how to use their 3D Electromagnetics Wave Propagation module. These can be found on their website and cover topics such as waveguide propagation, scattering, and antenna analysis. Additionally, COMSOL offers training courses and webinars for further guidance on using the module.