Congrats Alejandro (hep-ph posting)

• Thread starter marcus
  • Start date
In summary, Alejandro has been working on a project to try to partner quarks with diquarks. He has been doing this in order to improve understanding of Koide's theory.
Physics news on Phys.org
Congratulations, Alejandro!

It's good to see a sign of live of him. He has been rather quiet lately.
I hope to see him some more over here!Regards, Hans

I am sorry I will be still a bit silent for an extra interval of time :-( I am trying to learn the basics of Supersymmetry with two goals:

- A generic one, how is it that if a Grassman variable is a kind of infinitesimal, and superfields are functions over Grassman variables, then nobody suggests that the most obvious way to break susy is to make finite the infinitesimal quantity. It that way I could understand the operativity of 5 and 6 dimensional theories.

- A particular one, to try to parner quarks with diquarks via susy transformations. After all, a diquark is a boson. Then by pairing leptons and mesons, Koide could be explained without preons. I sketched a bit of this some months ago.

But in order to fulfill these goals, I need to learn the third volume of Weinberg by heart, and it is taking some time.

As for the recent preprint, it is a fusion of two notes I did in the summer, one of them was rejected at ArXiV and the other one was purely numerical so I did not try. Now the ArXiV was reorganised during Summer and more moderators were added to each area, so I did a retry on the hope of getting some hep-ph'er actually controlling the preprints of hep-th (instead of an asth-physicist taking charge of all, as I suspect it happened during the previous year).

Great Alejandro, though i did not understand most of your paper's content.

However, can i ask you why you are doing this ? I mean, are you working within some "bigger" ongoing research-project ? If so, shat are the goals of this project ?

regards
marlon

marlon, no, the Z0 results were found in random wandering. The only way to see them inside a bigger project is as a hint of the importance of the electroweak breaking scale, perhaps having a more important role than usually thought (except by top-condensation researchers, who had noticed the strange point of having the top sitting there in this energy range).

The Susy research could be more fundamental, because QCD masses are a concept at the reach of lattice calculations, so a SUSY partnership with elementary ones would be a big thing.

About understanding the Z0 paper, take into account it is a fusion of two, for archival and reference purpose. So no effort has been done on readability :-(

SUSY and lattice QCD are notoriously and famously hard to get to join properly. Grassmanian integration is also computationally very difficult as well (you have to take a sequence of large n determinants)

Susy

About susy, I raised a brief note this monday.
http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-ph/0512065
The point is that if we get the higgs (perhaps some sort of higgs composite) coupling to diquarks equal than to quarks, then we have control of the hierarchy problem. I have no idea if some of the known composite higgs models have this property.

Related to Congrats Alejandro (hep-ph posting)

What is the significance of the "Congrats Alejandro (hep-ph posting)" announcement?

The announcement of "Congrats Alejandro (hep-ph posting)" likely refers to a scientist named Alejandro who has recently published a paper in the field of high energy physics (hep-ph). This is a notable achievement in the scientific community, as it demonstrates Alejandro's contribution to the field and potentially advances our understanding of high energy physics.

What is the field of high energy physics (hep-ph)?

High energy physics (hep-ph) is a branch of physics that studies the fundamental particles and forces that make up the universe. It involves studying the behavior of particles at extremely high energies, often through experiments using particle accelerators.

Who is Alejandro and what is his background?

Alejandro is likely a scientist who has made a significant contribution to the field of high energy physics. His background may include a degree in physics or a related field, as well as experience conducting research and publishing papers in the field.

What does this announcement mean for the scientific community?

The "Congrats Alejandro (hep-ph posting)" announcement signifies an important achievement in the field of high energy physics and adds to our collective knowledge and understanding of the subject. It also highlights the ongoing research and advancements being made in this field by scientists like Alejandro.

What impact could Alejandro's work have on the field of high energy physics?

Alejandro's work could potentially have a significant impact on the field of high energy physics by providing new insights, theories, or experimental results that could lead to further advancements and discoveries in this area of study. It may also inspire other scientists to build upon his work and continue pushing the boundaries of our understanding of the universe.