How Did Liverpool F.C. Clinch Their 5th Champions Cup After Trailing 0-3?

• Thread starter dextercioby
  • Start date
In summary: He doesn't even like to watch highlights anymore because of how embarrassing it is when Liverpool loses.In summary, Liverpool, F.C. won the Champions Cup trophy with a 5-4 penalty shootout win over Man.Utd. Daniel was impressed with the effort and miracle of Dudek saving the last penalty. Moonbear had stolen the partying smilies, and Dextercioby doubted whether very many Liverpool fans would refer to their team as the "red devils."
dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Congratulations,LIVERPOOL,F.C. !

After a sizzling performance,coming from 0-3 at the break,the English "Red Devil" claimed their 5-th Champions Cup trophy in a final with the "Rosso-nerri" on wednesday night in Istanbul...

CONGRATULATIONS ! :approve:

and let the party begin...

Moonbear,get the partying smilies,please ! :wink:

Daniel...

Physics news on Phys.org
miracles happen every day!

Congratulations!

It wa unbelievable.I'm still too excited to sit somewhere.

Dudek was the hero.
I believed the lovely guy Steven Gerrard!
Now I hope they'll be allowed to play in UCL next season.

:rolleyes: Fútbalheads

... and what a way to claim it ... a big bow to Dudek and to a team with the true meaning of the word. :!)

They won't defend their title.They finished 5-th in the league,after their city rivals,Everton.

Daniel.

P.S.Moonbear,who stole the partying smilies...?:mad:

T'was a great match, best final I've ever seen.

I was glad Dudek saved the last penalty, although he was looking pretty poor in the match before the penalties!

BTW Dextercioby, I doubt if very many Liverpool fans would refer to their team as the red devils!

PS

Alright,both teams,Liverpool & Man.Utd have red as their traditional color.Anyway,this is less relevant,the effort was simply staggering...I mean 3 goals to AC Milan in 6 minutes :

Daniel.

I don`t think I`ve ever seen a funnier 6 minutes in my life. I was watching it with a few liverpool fans, and their change of emotions was unbelievable!

There was also a man utd fan (cheering for Milan) nearby, who had a change in the opposite direction!

3 crazy minutes in the final of '99.Man.Utd didn't play anything for 90 minutes,but in stoppage time scored twice and grabbed the cup.

Daniel.

This final got to be the best final in years. The last two finals were dead boring.
Anyways EPL Roxxxxxx.

Lisa said:
Dudek was the hero.

Dudek? no no no...

Liverpool would be useless if Rafa Benitez (the spanish coach) had not revolutioned it and exported the spanish techniques to an old fashioned club and to an old fashioned premier league. Current Liverpool way of playing is the way Valencia CF has been playing last years.

C'mon, admit it... who else turned off at half time in disgust... and didn't see the end??

Doh!

Yup dudek was the reason for conceding those goals
They won despite him.
But his fdancing around the goalpost during the penalties definitely put the milan players off

Clausius2 said:
Dudek? no no no...

Liverpool would be useless if Rafa Benitez (the spanish coach) had not revolutioned it and exported the spanish techniques to an old fashioned club and to an old fashioned premier league. Current Liverpool way of playing is the way Valencia CF has been playing last years.

Don't forget also the catalan Luis Garcia, ex-FC Barcelona player, that was decisive in semi final and quarter final with his goals

I think I must say this: You'll never walk alone...

Old fashioned premier league? You must be taking the piss, liverpool on their day are a great team and they always raised their game for the champions league matches. But a truly great team don't need to raise their game. Next season will show if Benitez is a great manager rather than just a very good manager.

Not taking anything away from liverpool for winning the cup, but they have been pretty poor in the league.

I know they get the 4th place but who knows,maybe Uefa let them play in UCL next season,RIGHT!
and I have to say when a team win in 6 minutes,you couldn't say who has the most important role so easily!

Clausius2 said:
Dudek? no no no...

well,for sure you didn't say it coz you're from Spain,did you?! :biggrin:
You're right Benitez did a great job in LFC but only for UCL.I know he had lots of problems this year but anyway he wasn't successful in English Premiership and they didn't get 4th place.Although I know it's not always possible to have all things together but it's terrible if LFC won't play in UCL next season :cry:
I really don't like Dudek.LFC's fans should be always worried about his terrible mistakes but he saved from Shevi and Pilo and "Dudek was hero..."is what goal.com said about him not me.If you ask me I think Gerrard is the best player.anyway LFC performance this season has a long story so let's forget it.

Last edited:
Adrian Baker said:
C'mon, admit it... who else turned off at half time in disgust... and didn't see the end??

Doh!

A die hard liverpool supporter I know was so p***ed off at half time that he went out for a walk to vent his anger and missed the second half!

Related to How Did Liverpool F.C. Clinch Their 5th Champions Cup After Trailing 0-3?

1. What is the significance of "Congratulations LIVERPOOL F.C."?

Liverpool F.C. is a professional football (soccer) club based in Liverpool, England. "Congratulations LIVERPOOL F.C." is a phrase commonly used by fans and media outlets to congratulate the team on a recent victory or achievement. It is often seen on social media, merchandise, and in headlines.

2. What recent achievements have led to the use of "Congratulations LIVERPOOL F.C."?

Liverpool F.C. has recently achieved great success, including winning the Premier League title in the 2019-2020 season and the UEFA Champions League in the 2018-2019 season. They also hold the record for most European Cup/Champions League titles won by an English team.

3. Why is Liverpool F.C. considered one of the top football clubs in the world?

Liverpool F.C. has a long and successful history, having won multiple domestic and international titles. They also have a large and devoted fan base, known for their passionate support of the team. In recent years, the team has been managed by Jurgen Klopp, who has led them to achieve even greater success and solidify their position as a top club.

4. What sets Liverpool F.C. apart from other football clubs?

Liverpool F.C. is known for its unique playing style, which emphasizes high-intensity pressing and attacking football. The team also has a strong sense of camaraderie and team spirit, which has been attributed to their success. Additionally, the club has a rich history and a strong connection to the city of Liverpool and its community.

5. Are there any upcoming events or milestones for Liverpool F.C.?

The upcoming 2020-2021 season will be an exciting one for Liverpool F.C. as they defend their Premier League title and aim to win more domestic and international titles. They will also be participating in the UEFA Champions League. Fans can look forward to more victories and celebrations, leading to the use of "Congratulations LIVERPOOL F.C." once again.

Back