Connecting Fan 2 Wiring to Auto/On/Off Switch

In summary, the conversation is discussing how to connect FAN 2 Wiring to the Auto pole of the AUTO/ON/OFF switch to manually activate the fan if needed. The individual is confused about the lack of a negative side on the relay in the 2nd diagram, but it is explained that this is because the fan relays are grounded by the PCM. The suggested connection is to have A10 connected to the AUTO side of the switch, ground to the ON side, and the feed lead to the negative side of the coil. This is confirmed as the correct way to connect the wiring.
layzurguy
24094d1171762218-does-anyone-have-electric-fan-relay-diagram-auto-fan-wiring.gif

fan_schematic_1995.jpg

What I'm tring to do is connect FAN 2 Wiring (673 DKBLU 2nd picture top diagram) to
The Auto pole of the AUTO/ON/OFF switch so I can manually activate the FAN if needed.

I'm a little confused since in the 2nd pic, I don't see a Negative side to the coil on the relay.
Can/will this work?

Engineering news on Phys.org
The fan relays are "grounded" by the PCM. In other words, A10 and A11 are working like switches that connect the relays to the negative side of your source.

So...
I would connect:
A10 to the AUTO side of the switch
Ground to the ON side of the switch
The feed lead to the Negative side of the Coil

Is this correct?

Yes. That's the way it looks to me.

Related to Connecting Fan 2 Wiring to Auto/On/Off Switch

1. How do I connect the fan 2 wiring to an auto/on/off switch?

To connect the fan 2 wiring to an auto/on/off switch, you will need to first locate the wires for the fan and the switch. The fan wires are typically labeled with "F" or "Fan" and the switch wires are labeled with "A" or "Auto." Once you have located the correct wires, use wire strippers to remove a small portion of the insulation from each wire. Then, twist the exposed ends together and secure them with a wire nut. Finally, connect the remaining wires from the fan and switch to the corresponding terminals on the switch.

2. Do I need any special tools to connect the fan 2 wiring to an auto/on/off switch?

Yes, you will need a pair of wire strippers and wire nuts to connect the fan 2 wiring to an auto/on/off switch. These can be found at most hardware or home improvement stores.

3. Can I use any type of auto/on/off switch for my fan 2 wiring?

No, it is important to use a switch that is specifically designed for use with fans. These switches are designed to handle the electrical load and voltage requirements of a fan. Using a regular light switch or a switch not designed for fans can result in a fire hazard.

4. How do I know if my fan 2 wiring is compatible with an auto/on/off switch?

To determine compatibility, you will need to check the specifications of both the fan and the switch. Make sure that the switch can handle the voltage and amperage of the fan, and that the wiring is the correct gauge for the switch. If you are unsure, it is best to consult a professional electrician.

5. Can I control the fan speed with an auto/on/off switch?

No, an auto/on/off switch is designed to turn the fan on or off based on a set temperature. It does not have the capability to control the fan speed. If you want to be able to adjust the fan speed, you will need to use a fan speed control switch or a fan remote control.