Constraint-prof V balakrishnan video

• Thread starter ajayguhan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Video
In summary, the conversation discussed the number of constraints and degrees of freedom in a system, specifically the calculation of nC2. The video presenter questioned the validity of this calculation and proved that it cannot be correct, as it would result in a negative number of degrees of freedom. The conclusion was that the number of constraints is not nC2. The conversation also mentioned a previous thread on the topic and clarified the misunderstanding in the question. It was explained that nC2 represents the number of pairs of particles in a set of N particles.
ajayguhan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8X1x9RLaaxc

he tells number of contraints (he write no of pairs ) is nC2 how is it, i didn'tunderstand!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
First, that link didn't come out right. Second, that video is more than an hour long. Do you really expect us to listen to that to answer your question? Third, you already have a another thread on the subject of degrees of freedom https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=718480 . Please post there.

Its in the 6 to 7th minute of video

I didn't post there because while asking question itself i made mistake and after posting i released my correct was the above one and no that one.so only i did it.i didn't knew how to delete it.

He writes explicitely a question mark over the equal sign, and then goes on to prove that it can't be correct, because you get an absurd answer (the number of degrees of freedom cannot be negative). The conclusion is that the number of constraints is not ##n\mathrm{C}2##.

I know that he is un proving and i understand it.but what i didn't get was .nc2 how it came?

No one know's?

##N\mathrm{C}2## is the number of pairs of particles in a set of ##N## particles. What is it you don't get?

FAQ: Constraint-prof V balakrishnan video

1. What is the "Constraint-prof V balakrishnan video" about?

The "Constraint-prof V balakrishnan video" is a lecture or presentation by Professor V. Balakrishnan on the topic of constraints in computer science and engineering.

2. Who is Professor V. Balakrishnan?

Professor V. Balakrishnan is a renowned scientist, researcher, and educator in the field of computer science and engineering. He is currently a professor at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.

3. What are constraints in computer science and engineering?

Constraints refer to limitations or restrictions that are applied to a system or problem. In computer science and engineering, constraints are used to define and solve problems in a more efficient and effective manner.

4. What can I learn from the "Constraint-prof V balakrishnan video"?

The video provides valuable insights and knowledge on the topic of constraints, including their definition, types, and applications in various fields of computer science and engineering. It also delves into the challenges and advancements in dealing with constraints.

5. Where can I watch the "Constraint-prof V balakrishnan video"?

The video may be available on various online platforms, such as YouTube or the official website of the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. You may also contact the professor or institution directly for more information or access to the video.