Constructing transfer block function

In summary, the conversation discusses a question about working with a specific topic and finding relevant resources. The speaker also shares their attempt at the question and asks for guidance. The conversation also includes a brief discussion about the proper forum for this topic. The conclusion is that the speaker's deduction is correct and there is nothing to simplify.
nacho-man
Hey just needed some help working with this.

I can't find any relevant textbooks and the lecture slides i have a very vague to go off from.
I've attached an image, and this my attempt.

I'd like to add, in my notes the lecturer used an example feedback loop and had an error signal.

I am not sure if that would always be included or not? I have no idea what branch mathematics this falls under, what it is for etc so it's been really hard for me to read up on. if anyone could give me guidance in regards to these issues that would also be greatly appreciated.

anyway so ill skip ahead to my attempt at this question.

the output we are looking for is $Y(Z)$

I split the inputs into 3 components,
letting
$Y_1(Z)$ = $H_2(Z)H_1(Z)$
$Y_2(Z)$ = $H_4(Z)H_3(Z)H_1(Z)$
$Y_3(Z)$ = $H_5(Z)$

$Y(Z) = Y_3(Z) + Y_1(Z) - Y_2(Z)$

which i would just expand and simplify from there?

Is this correct, I am quite lost on this topic.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• transfer block.jpg
    transfer block.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 52
Mathematics news on Phys.org
nacho said:
Hey just needed some help working with this.

I can't find any relevant textbooks and the lecture slides i have a very vague to go off from.
I've attached an image, and this my attempt.

I'd like to add, in my notes the lecturer used an example feedback loop and had an error signal.

I am not sure if that would always be included or not? I have no idea what branch mathematics this falls under, what it is for etc so it's been really hard for me to read up on. if anyone could give me guidance in regards to these issues that would also be greatly appreciated.

anyway so ill skip ahead to my attempt at this question.

the output we are looking for is $Y(Z)$

I split the inputs into 3 components,
letting
$Y_1(Z)$ = $H_2(Z)H_1(Z)$
$Y_2(Z)$ = $H_4(Z)H_3(Z)H_1(Z)$
$Y_3(Z)$ = $H_5(Z)$

$Y(Z) = Y_3(Z) + Y_1(Z) - Y_2(Z)$

which i would just expand and simplify from there?

Is this correct, I am quite lost on this topic.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi nacho,

The proper place is Other Advanced Topics, since it doesn't require advanced math, and it doesn't fit in any of the regular math categories.
I have moved this thread there.

Your deduction is correct and there is nothing useful to simplify.

I am a little confused by your notation of $Y(Z)$ and $H_1(Z)$.
It seems to me this should be just $Y$ respectively $H_1$, which represent the z-transforms of $y$ respectively the filter corresponding to $H_1$.

These problems are more complicated if you do have a feedback loop, but you don't.

Related to Constructing transfer block function

What is a transfer block function?

A transfer block function is a mathematical function that can be used to transfer data from one location to another. It is commonly used in computer science and engineering to transfer data between different systems or devices.

Why is the construction of a transfer block function important?

The construction of a transfer block function is important because it allows for efficient and reliable transfer of data between different systems or devices. It also helps to ensure that the data is transferred accurately and without any errors.

What are the key components of a transfer block function?

The key components of a transfer block function include the input data, the transfer function, and the output data. The input data is the data that needs to be transferred, the transfer function is the mathematical algorithm used to transfer the data, and the output data is the transferred data.

How is a transfer block function constructed?

A transfer block function is typically constructed by first defining the input and output data, and then selecting or creating a transfer function that is most suitable for the data being transferred. The transfer function is then tested and refined to ensure efficient and accurate transfer of data.

What factors should be considered when constructing a transfer block function?

When constructing a transfer block function, factors such as the type and format of the input and output data, the speed and reliability of the transfer, and any potential errors or data loss should be taken into consideration. The transfer function should also be optimized for the specific data being transferred.