Correct Your Working Out: Troubleshoot Your Math Errors | Tips & Tricks

• Thread starter confused88
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about someone asking for help in correcting their working out for a problem involving fractions and variables. The expert summarizer provides a simplified version of the original equation and points out where the mistake was made. They also provide the correct answer.
confused88
Can someone please correct my working out...
[tex] \frac{\beta^2}{(x-1)(x-2)} - \frac{\beta^2}{(x-1)^2}[/tex]

[tex]\frac{\beta^2(x-1)^2 - \beta^2(x-1)(x-2)}{(x-1)(x-2)(x-1)^2}[/tex]

[tex]\frac{\beta^2x^2 - \beta^2 -\beta^2(x^2 - 3x +2)}{(x-1)(x-2)(x-1)^2}[/tex]

[tex]\frac{3\beta^2 + 3\beta^2x}{(x-1)(x-2)(x-1)^2}[/tex]

[tex] \frac{3\beta^2(x -1)}{(x-1)(x-2)(x-1)^2}[/tex]

[tex] \frac{3\beta^2}{(x-2)(x-1)^2}[/tex]

that's my answer..

but the real answer is meant to be:
[tex] \frac{\beta^2}{(x-2)(x-1)^2}[/tex]

Can someone see where i went wrong?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Looking at the top only.

[tex]
\beta^{2}(x-1)^{2} - \beta^{2}(x-1)(x-2)
[/tex]
[tex]
\beta^{2}(x^{2} - x - x +1) - \beta^{2}(x^{2} + 2x - 1x + 2)
[/tex]
[tex]
\beta^{2}(x-1)
[/tex]

Simplifies to something like that.

thanks!

Related to Correct Your Working Out: Troubleshoot Your Math Errors | Tips & Tricks

1. Why is it important for someone to correct my working out?

Having someone review and correct your working out can help identify any errors or mistakes that you may have missed. This can prevent you from making incorrect conclusions or drawing inaccurate conclusions from your data.

2. How can I ensure that my working out is correct?

One way to ensure that your working out is correct is to double check your calculations and equations. It can also be helpful to have someone else review your work to catch any mistakes or errors. Additionally, using reliable sources and following established methods and procedures can also increase the accuracy of your working out.

3. Is it necessary to correct my working out if I already have my final results?

Yes, it is still important to correct your working out even if you have your final results. This is because errors in your working out can affect the accuracy of your final results. Correcting your working out can also help you understand the steps and processes that led to your final results.

4. What should I do if someone finds errors in my working out?

If someone finds errors in your working out, it is important to carefully review and correct those errors. It may also be helpful to communicate with the person who found the errors to better understand and address the issues. Additionally, you may need to redo your calculations or experiments to ensure the accuracy of your results.

5. Can I use software or tools to correct my working out?

Yes, there are many software and tools available to help you correct your working out. These can range from simple calculators to more complex statistical analysis programs. However, it is important to use these tools correctly and understand their limitations. It is also beneficial to have a human review your work in addition to using software or tools.

Back