CoSi2 sensitivity to hydrogen

shinobi20
TL;DR Summary
I would like to know if cobalt disilicide (CoSi2) is sensitive to hydrogen in the context of CoSi2 acting as a sensor. In addition, I would like to know if there are any resources that I can look into to get more information about this.
I was reading a paper [Appl. Phys. Lett. 91, 181910 (2007)] that has fabricated a Palladium (Pd) based sensor for hydrogen. One of the key points is that it is known that Pd is quite sensitive to hydrogen which is why the paper utilized a Pd array that may act as a sensor for detecting hydrogen concentrations.

I'm not an expert, so I would like to ask the community if anyone knows if cobalt disilicide (CoSi2) is also sensitive to hydrogen. I have searched the web for some resources or any claim about this but I have no luck as of now. In addition, can anyone point me to anything that might be of help? Thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Why have you chosen CoSi2 as a candidate?

Pd (137 pm), and Pt (139 pm), are large atoms. H2 can diffuse through the solid material. Diffusion rates will depend on crystal structure.

Co (125 pm), is smaller, with Si (111 pm), being smaller again. The mix of different radii elements in a crystal, tends to reduce the gaps, so I would expect Si to reduce the flow. What diffusion rate would you expect for H2 through a CoSi2 lattice?

Baluncore said:
Why have you chosen CoSi2 as a candidate?

Pd (137 pm), and Pt (139 pm), are large atoms. H2 can diffuse through the solid material. Diffusion rates will depend on crystal structure.

Co (125 pm), is smaller, with Si (111 pm), being smaller again. The mix of different radii elements in a crystal, tends to reduce the gaps, so I would expect Si to reduce the flow. What diffusion rate would you expect for H2 through a CoSi2 lattice?
It is currently the material that I'm studying, and I got curious whether it can act as a hydrogen sensor. As for the diffusion rate, I'm not yet sure, that is why I'm gathering resources in order to investigate further.

Likes Baluncore