Could you help check does the steel weight formula?

In summary, the conversation is about checking the weight of steel using a formula found on a website. The formula is derived from the equation m = pV, where m is the mass, V is the volume, and p is the density. The website simplifies this formula into specific equations for different situations. These types of convenience calculations are commonly used in various industries.
MachineMfg

Homework Statement

I want to check steel weight with formula, and I find it via google.

Homework Equations

Here is it: https://machinemfg.com/steel-weight-calculation-formula/

The Attempt at a Solution

Hope you guys to help me check does above formula is correct. Many thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, these formulas are correct. The formulas are easily derived through the equation m = pV

"m" is the mass of the object.
V is what you have to calculate as the volume.
p is the density.

The website is simplifying this formula into situation specific equations which can be derived from common variables you might know.

It is common in many industries to come up with handy convenience calculations, such as these.

Related to Could you help check does the steel weight formula?

1. What is the formula for calculating the weight of steel?

The formula for calculating the weight of steel is: weight = length x width x thickness x density.

2. How do I know if my steel weight formula is accurate?

You can check the accuracy of your steel weight formula by comparing it to the weight of a known steel sample. If the weights match, then your formula is accurate.

3. Can I use the same formula for all types of steel?

No, the density of steel can vary depending on the type and grade. Therefore, the formula may need to be adjusted accordingly.

4. Is there a specific unit of measurement that should be used for the formula?

The most common unit of measurement used for steel weight is kilograms (kg). However, you can use other units such as grams (g) or pounds (lbs) as long as they are consistent throughout the formula.

5. Can I use this formula for other metals?

No, this formula is specifically for calculating the weight of steel. Other metals may have different densities and therefore require a different formula.