Could You Suggest A Good Compiler?

• Thread starter hermy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Compiler
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of different programming packages for beginners, specifically Turbo C++ and Dev C++. The user is looking for a free package with good help resources. The suggested package is Bloodshed Dev-C++, but the conversation also mentions Microsoft's Visual Studio Express as another option.
hermy
I am a beginner. I am using turbo c++ for windows, but it doesn't recognize many common words like bool, namespace, etc.

I tried using dev c++, but it didn't consist of a graphic driver.

Could you suggest a good package which is available for free download, and has a good help section too ? (I found turbo's help pretty useful)

Technology news on Phys.org
I use Bloodshed Dev-C++, I can't say if it has a good help section or not, but it's free.
http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

Edit: Woops, sorry I didn't notice you said you already tried Dev C++.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:

FAQ: Could You Suggest A Good Compiler?

1. What is a compiler and why do I need one?

A compiler is a computer program that translates source code written in a programming language into a form that can be understood and executed by a computer. It is necessary to use a compiler in order to create executable programs from source code.

2. How do I choose the right compiler for my project?

The right compiler for your project will depend on several factors such as the programming language you are using, the target platform, and the features and optimizations you require. It is important to research and compare different compilers to find the one that best suits your needs.

3. What are some popular compilers available?

Some popular compilers include GCC, Clang, Microsoft Visual C++, and Intel C++ Compiler. These compilers support a variety of programming languages and offer different features and optimizations.

4. Are there any free compilers available?

Yes, there are many free compilers available, such as GCC, Clang, and FreeBASIC. These compilers are open-source and can be downloaded and used without any cost.

5. Can I use multiple compilers for the same project?

Yes, it is possible to use multiple compilers for the same project. This can be useful for testing and comparing performance, or when targeting different platforms. However, it may require some extra effort to ensure compatibility between the different compilers.

Back