Create a Physics & Math Website: Hosts, Software, Frontpage

• Thread starter misogynisticfeminist
  • Start date
In summary, the person is thinking of creating a self-contained website for modern physics and math, but is unsure of which free hosting service supports equations. They also inquire about a program for drawing geometric figures and how to upload the website using Frontpage. They can export equations from Microsoft Word and use Inkscape for drawing, and Frontpage likely has a wizard for uploading the website or an FTP client can be used.
misogynisticfeminist
I am thinking of making a website which introduces ideas in modern physics. I am thinking of making it as self-contained as possible, and I would have 2 sections, one physics and one math. But the problem is, which free hoster supports equations? Because I did the material in Ms word using mathtype. Also, is there a programme which would allow me to draw gemetrical figures and show it on the website? Thanks alot. Also, I am thinking of using frontpage, how would i upload my website from there?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I did a google search and found this:

"users of Microsoft Word can automatically export all equations into a folder as GIF, EPS, WMF, or PICT, using the Export Equations command."

Therefore you'll can just export the equations to a gif and put them into your html content.

---------------

For drawing, I like this program:

http://www.inkscape.org/

------------

Frontpage should have a wizard for uploading a website. I would check the help documentation.

You can also upload your files to the website by using an ftp client.

Creating a physics and math website is a great idea! It's a great way to share your knowledge and passion for these subjects with others. As for your concerns about hosting, software, and frontpage, here are some suggestions:

1. Hosts: There are many free hosting options available for websites, such as WordPress, Wix, and Weebly. These platforms have built-in support for equations and mathematical symbols, making it easy for you to transfer your content from Microsoft Word.

2. Software: As mentioned above, WordPress, Wix, and Weebly have built-in support for equations and mathematical symbols. However, if you are looking for a more specialized software, you can try LaTeX or MathJax. These are free software specifically designed for typesetting mathematical equations.

3. Frontpage: Frontpage is a website creation tool that was popular in the early 2000s but is no longer supported by Microsoft. Instead, you can use more modern and user-friendly website builders such as WordPress, Wix, and Weebly. These platforms have drag-and-drop editors that make it easy to upload your content, including equations and geometrical figures.

4. Uploading your website: With website builders like WordPress, Wix, and Weebly, uploading your website is as simple as clicking a button. They have built-in hosting services, so you don't have to worry about manually uploading your website. However, if you decide to use a different hosting provider, you can use an FTP client to upload your website files.

I hope this helps you get started on creating your physics and math website. Best of luck!

Related to Create a Physics & Math Website: Hosts, Software, Frontpage

1) What is the best hosting service for a physics and math website?

The best hosting service for a physics and math website would be one that offers a high level of reliability, security, and speed. Some popular options include Bluehost, HostGator, and SiteGround which all offer affordable plans and features specifically designed for hosting websites with heavy scientific content.

2) Which software is best for creating a physics and math website?

The best software for creating a physics and math website would depend on the specific needs and requirements of the website. Some popular options include WordPress, Wix, and Squarespace which offer user-friendly interfaces and various customizable templates and plugins for scientific content.

3) Can I use Frontpage for creating a physics and math website?

Frontpage is no longer supported by Microsoft and is considered outdated. It may still be possible to use Frontpage for creating a physics and math website, but it is not recommended as there are more modern and efficient options available.

4) What are some essential features that should be included on a physics and math website?

Some essential features that should be included on a physics and math website include interactive simulations and animations, a searchable database of equations and formulas, a forum or discussion board for collaboration and sharing ideas, and a section for resources such as textbooks and research articles.

5) How can I ensure that my physics and math website is user-friendly and accessible?

To ensure that your physics and math website is user-friendly and accessible, it is important to have a clear and organized layout, consistent navigation, and a responsive design that can adapt to different devices. It is also important to regularly test and optimize the website for accessibility standards such as screen readers and keyboard navigation.