Create Inductance Vs. Current Analysis/Graph in SPICE (Multisim)

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of creating an Inductance vs. Current analysis/graph in SPICE (NI Multisim). It is suggested that this can be achieved by using the "User Defined Analysis..." feature under Simulate -> Analyses. However, it is also mentioned that creating a test bench may be necessary, as there is no GUI panel available for this task. A link to a relevant lab manual is provided for more information.
akhurash
Is there a way to create an Inductance vs. Current analysis/graph in SPICE (NI Multisim)? In Multisim there is a "User Defined Analysis..." under Simulate -> Analyses and I was wondering if someone knows how to configure this or did some sort of application related to this.

Thank You.

Engineering news on Phys.org

Related to Create Inductance Vs. Current Analysis/Graph in SPICE (Multisim)

1. What is SPICE and how is it used in creating inductance vs. current analysis/graph in Multisim?

SPICE (Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit Emphasis) is a computer program used for electronic circuit simulation. It is commonly used in conjunction with Multisim, a circuit design and simulation software. In order to create an inductance vs. current analysis or graph in Multisim, you can use the built-in SPICE models for inductors and perform a transient analysis with varying current values.

2. Can I use my own custom inductor in the SPICE simulation for inductance vs. current analysis?

Yes, you can use your own custom inductor in the SPICE simulation. Multisim allows users to create custom components and import them into the simulation. You can either create a behavioral model for your custom inductor or use a third-party library for its SPICE model.

3. What is the purpose of conducting an inductance vs. current analysis in SPICE (Multisim)?

An inductance vs. current analysis in SPICE allows you to understand the behavior of an inductor in a circuit. It helps in determining the relationship between the inductance of the component and the current flowing through it. This analysis is useful in designing and troubleshooting circuits that involve inductors.

4. How do I generate a graph of inductance vs. current in Multisim using SPICE?

To generate a graph of inductance vs. current in Multisim, you will first need to perform a transient analysis by varying the current values. Once the simulation is complete, you can plot the results by selecting the inductor's current and inductance values. This will generate a graph showing the relationship between the two variables.

5. Can I export the inductance vs. current graph from Multisim for use in other software?

Yes, you can export the inductance vs. current graph from Multisim in various file formats such as CSV, Excel, or image files. This allows you to use the data in other software for further analysis or presentation purposes.